Carolina
Phoenix
Nashville
Atlanta
Tampa Bay

Though the rumored expansion teams are
Las Vegas, NV and Kansas City, KS
plus of course Hamilton, ON

I think expanding to KC and Vegas would be a horrible thing for hockey. I believe Seattle would work well and Portland is just my own personal preference, not really looked into the business and demographics of it. I think Winnipeg and Quebec City should get teams back because they would do well under the salary cap system, and fans would go unlike well uh Nashville?!?!

Anyways just a thought and a dream and it may never happen...I heard Seattle is getting a 500 Million Dollar Multi Purpose Arena anyways (not sure if thats true)
Just a thought, realistic or not...I don't mind criticism either

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i think Las Vegas a great city for hockey.

Gambling, Strippers and Hockey can life be any better

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex

you are kind've overlooking the point that those teams you do not prefer for whatever reason actually have hundreds of thousands of living, breathing fans. why, some of them even post on these boards.

having your team move is the worst thing that can happen to a fan. hence, blithely suggesting teams should move is usually construed as an insult.

good luck.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Personally I'd love to see the following cities have hockey teams

Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Winnipeg, MB
Quebec City, QC
Hamilton, ON

I'd much rather see these cities have hockey teams than having teams in

Florida
Carolina
Phoenix
Nashville
Atlanta
Tampa Bay

Though the rumored expansion teams are
Las Vegas, NV and Kansas City, KS
plus of course Hamilton, ON

I think expanding to KC and Vegas would be a horrible thing for hockey. I believe Seattle would work well and Portland is just my own personal preference, not really looked into the business and demographics of it. I think Winnipeg and Quebec City should get teams back because they would do well under the salary cap system, and fans would go unlike well uh Nashville?!?!

Anyways just a thought and a dream and it may never happen...I heard Seattle is getting a 500 Million Dollar Multi Purpose Arena anyways (not sure if thats true)
Just a thought, realistic or not...I don't mind criticism either

Two have pro franchises already(Hamilton, Winnipeg) ; Quebec has a junior league franchise that basically dominates that market(essentially why Hamilton has their pro franchise);

Seattle is not getting a new arena AFAIU, If they were the Sonics wouldn't be looking at Oklahoma City among other sites nor is Portland.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
having your team move is the worst thing that can happen to a fan. hence, blithely suggesting teams should move is usually construed as an insult.
I thought it was obvious, but thanks for elaborating for me. :D It is the "blithely" part that is most annoying, if you have some valid reasons (which people who post this stuff rarely have) then let's hear them.

I dunno, the contraction/moving thread is like a rite of passage for some new posters I guess, as if no one has ever thought of this stuff before.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I think every team in the Original Six should move to the South

Toronto Maple Leafs are now the Fort Myers Ice Bladez
Montreal Canadiens are now the Alabama Slammaz
Boston Bruins would be the Houston Ice Texanz
New York Rangers are now the Yuma Illegals
Detroit Redwings would be Daytona Ice Racers

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

and you'd have a riot in at least all five cities, you mentioned Patrick, esp. Montreal, Toronto & Detroit

Transported Upstater

I don't think Toronto or Detroit fans would share that sentiment, jkr, much less Montreal or Boston

You'd be wrong.

Every Toronto fan knows he was being sarcastic. Give me a break. The fact you couldn't detect sarcasm in Patrick's post is absolutely amazing.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You'd be wrong.

Every Toronto fan knows he was being sarcastic. Give me a break. The fact you couldn't detect sarcasm in Patrick's post is absolutely amazing.

I wasn't talking about Toronto fans, I was specifically talking Detroit fans there TU, SOME take the Wings quite seriously in Michigan as do some Toronto fans as they take anything in Michigan quite seriously almost religiously as they do in Montreal.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn

I agree!!!!!

Best post ever!

Status