CIS All-Star Team Roster

dale 1919

Jun 9, 2009
Interesting opportunity for this squad AUS Fan.
USPORT picked a coach and then said pick the best team. They did not make any regional demands or restrictions. So should be cool to see how they will do This time around. Coach Peddle is a solid coach and will do a fine job! He really understands the value these kids place on this opportunity!
Only thing that bugs me about the process, no not " the process" you hear all the weak minded discuss.....the USPORT process.... the student athletes have to pay to play in the gig? Seems just a little off don t you think?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I didn't know that. I'll ask Stieny or Burnsie how that works. I do recall that FISU in 2007, the player/school was required to cough up some money.

btw, good to hear from you.....

TFuel

Feb 27, 2013
It seems ludicrous that Hockey Canada doesn't pick up the tab as they are the reason this team even exists

dale 1919

Jun 9, 2009
About $850 per for this gig. The schools cover the cost. But I see your point.
AUS Fan, not all schools are going to cover the cost of this opportunity.
It seems to be assumed but in fact not a reality.
Same as the costs to participate in FISU games.
Student-Athletes are required to pay to play.
I am not for a minute saying this is wrong, just a fact.
The CIS promotes it embrace it embellish it as do the the Athletic programs. They just don't pay for it.
Ask around you will be surprised!

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
My bad. I seemed to imply that all schools covered the costs. I can only speak for 2 of the AUS schools. Perhaps someone can supply info from SFX and UNB.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Does anyone know about TV or Webcasting for the games/ Nothing on the CIS site that I could find.

Edit: TSN GO is doing the games. Not sure if you need Bell cable.

Last edited:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I doubt it. There are enough Spengler Cup level guys playing in Europe.
They took Jordon Cooke from Sask to be the 3rd string goaltender at the Spengler Cup last year. I suspect they will draw heavily from the Swiss and other Euro leagues.

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Why no Anthony Beauregard? And Auger seems like a weird goalie choice from looking at stats. Can anyone of you guys who watches university shed some light?

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
CIS wins 3-0. 1 PP goal in 1st period and 2 EN in the 3rd.

They have a SO also. CIS won 3-2. Garlent and Harper both with pretty goals

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The team is typically made up of veteran players + the team was actually picked a month or more ago so at the time some guys may have looked like better or worse selections than they do now.

Reactions: Hagstrom

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
They looked a bit tired in the 2nd game which is normal seeing they haven't played for 2 weeks. plus TC swapped out 8 guys and added 8, some who were "locks" for the team. I thought overall the CIS guys did well.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Why no Anthony Beauregard? And Auger seems like a weird goalie choice from looking at stats. Can anyone of you guys who watches university shed some light?

Also - the selections are made privately at first to get confirmation that the USPORTS players can make the games then they look at replacements followed by a full public release. Sometimes a player has an exam or a lingering injury such that they can't attend and they don't want the development/announcement of the team to lag over a few days as they try and get replacements. So, in the end, not all of the best USPORTS talent will attend (for whatever reason).

As mentioned earlier - the goalies did not play, but a few did attend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->