CI Flying Aces REAL Home Opener

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Friday night, November 10th, hosting the Phantoms. Followed by a visit from Dubuque on Saturday night, November 11th. Looks like they're serious this time, and trying to make up for the delays in puck drop @ Bloomington. According to the 2017-18 promo schedule announcement yesterday ...
The Flying Aces drop the puck on the home season this weekend with a pair of games that will include the first taste of the revamped fan experience. Opening Night on Friday will feature the first of five $1,000 giveaways, a magnet schedule for the first 1,000 fans courtesy of Midwest Office, and a $3 drink special for 16-ounce domestic drafts and 24-ounce sodas. Military Appreciation Night will take place on Saturday night. The first 1,000 fans will receive a camouflage Flying Aces hat and hot dogs will be just $1 throughout the game. All active and retired military members will receive a free ticket to the game by showing identification at the Grossinger Motors Arena box office. The second of the five Grand-A-Game giveaways will also take place on Saturday night. ...
Happy fans, happy hockey.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hmmm... I was thinking about going to a game this weekend anyway, so a magnet schedule and drink specials certainly don't hurt.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Flying Aces eager for long-awaited Bloomington debut
Joe Deacon
Assistant Sports Editor
22 hrs ago (November 9, 2017)

BLOOMINGTON — It took longer than originally expected, but the Twin Cities’ hockey team finally gets to show off its new look in its hometown.

After delays, schedule changes and four games in a temporary residence to allow for rink upgrades, the rebranded Central Illinois Flying Aces play their true home opener at 7:07 p.m. Friday in the renamed-since-last-season Grossinger Motors Arena.

“I’m going to have a lot of family and friends in town for this game,” said second-year defenseman Brady Smith, a Bloomington native.

“It’s really exciting. They’ve done a really good job with our arena so far ... it’s come along really nicely. We’re really happy to be back home in Bloomington.” ...

“I know the boys are champing at the bit to get out there and get in front of our fans in Bloomington,” said first-year coach Mike Watt. “We’ve had some time now to practice on the ice, practice in the facility. It’s been a little bit of a wait but at the same time I think everything’s coming to fruition now and we’re just excited to be back home.” ...

Read more at: http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/professional/hockey/minor/flying-aces-eager-for-long-awaited-bloomington-debut/article_9eac5161-72d3-5880-8d03-ad4c8a6ce354.html

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They had a claimed attendance of 1924 or something like that, but probably a mild inflation on their part. Probably closer to 1500, but hard to tell obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad