Chychrun

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Given the injuries and general lack of cohesion on the defensive side should this team make an offer on Chychrun ? The reported ask is 2 firsts and a prospect but I'm sure a package could be put together to equal that . He's 24 and signed at 4.6 through the end of the 24/25 season while being arguably one of the top D in the game .

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I've always felt Chychrun was over rated. Since Arizona is having such a difficult time trading him at their asking price I have to assume 31 GMs think that also.
Calgary should save their draft picks and prospects for a clutch goal scorer.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
our blueline is elite af when OK comes back.
Honestly I think we need help up front and in goal but we have solid forward and goalie prospects. I say we stay the course and keep filling holes internally but we all know we’re going to add a Fantenburg type who is much worse than our available prospects

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I've always felt Chychrun was over rated. Since Arizona is having such a difficult time trading him at their asking price I have to assume 31 GMs think that also.
Calgary should save their draft picks and prospects for a clutch goal scorer.
Injured so far this year but a rock star when he's healthy , nobody wants to pay that price for an injured player but somebody will pay come TDL day if he stays healthy , OK is a huge unknown , what if there is no change and he doesn't come back this year ?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
our blueline is elite af when OK comes back.
Honestly I think we need help up front and in goal but we have solid forward and goalie prospects. I say we stay the course and keep filling holes internally but we all know we’re going to add a Fantenburg type who is much worse than our available prospects
I agree we need another top 6 scoring winger but if OK doesn't come back this year then Chychrun is a true top pair puck moving Dman and I would rather not let him go to a competitor .

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Injured so far this year but a rock star when he's healthy , nobody wants to pay that price for an injured player but somebody will pay come TDL day if he stays healthy , OK is a huge unknown , what if there is no change and he doesn't come back this year
Stone is a capable replacement/fill-in for Kylington while he's MIA with what I've read to be a family member health situation. Now if we hadn't acquired Weegar I would be much more receptive to getting Chychrun but with Andersson, Hanifin, Tanev, and Weegar... plus you have Zadorov who is playing very well... the Flames don't need another dman of Chychrun's caliber. I think any Flames draft picks and prospects are much better spent on a scoring forward.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Stoner looked pretty good last night against the Cats , it's good to see him in the lineup again . We do need another legit top six scorer , but it takes having what the other guy needs to get him unless we can snag a freebee off the waiver wire . You can never have too many guys who are legit top line at their position and we aren' t using the prospects we have already , I would rather have the bird in the hand than the unknown bird in the bush a draft pick represents . Just my thoughts but we could sure get a good piece at the TDL if all these Dmen stay healthy .

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Not when they could be getting Kylington back. This team is good defensively.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I've mentioned Chychrun before, even before your post. It's just a major luxury that would be completely unnecessary when acquired. It'd be hilarious and he's totally a Sutter styled player who absolutely might flourish and be injured less not being the go to guy on the team like Tanev on the Canucks, but completely unnecessary.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
814yxRImxuL._RI_.jpg

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad