Confirmed with Link: Carolina Hurricanes Sale - He Dundon it.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Hey Canes fans.

I've got 0 inside information so don't ask, but I wanted to say I went to school with some of the Greenberg kids and have nothing but good things to say about the Greenberg family. I'm excited for them and excited you guys to be getting a solid ownership group with a history of investing in the success of the team.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hey Canes fans.

I've got 0 inside information so don't ask, but I wanted to say I went to school with some of the Greenberg kids and have nothing but good things to say about the Greenberg family. I'm excited for them and excited you guys to be getting a solid ownership group with a history of investing in the success of the team.

Shhhh, lets not let Karmanos find out about this :laugh:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Alls I know is that I've made it a point to wear Hurricanes shirts and hats to the beach in the OBX every time I go kiteboarding IOT troll the legions of French Canadiens who comprise about 80% of my fellow kiters out here.

So far, I haven't had curses hurled at my in French yet.

When it gets a little cooler, I'll just have to opt for wearing the jersey straight up.

Reactions: Unsustainable

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
While a bit unsettling, I wouldn't read TOO much into that just yet, as it appears to be related to the month-old incident where Karmanos was running his mouth to the press.

Hopefully you're right. I'm sticking to the mantra that "no news is good news", in that if the sale is still in lawyer phase as last reported, that should take some time. Also, it doesn't make much sense to me for the deal to go to a legal team if there weren't some assurances already in place regarding funding....just my hopeful .02...

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
This was from last week -

NHL 's Bill Daly says no timeline on Hurricanes sale to Chuck Greenberg. “He’s looking to do what he needs to do to make that happen"

I still think it's like 50/50 that this deal gets figured out. I sure hope it does though.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not worried. This process was and is going to take a lot of time, both it ironing out the Ts+Cs and lining up the investors/finances. The good news is that Greenberg has a history of at least making things happen (Pens, Texas Rangers, Minor league teams, etc..). This isn't like Spano with the Islanders.

Just as long as the deal is in place before Tavares becomes a UFA.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If that (Greenberg having trouble, Karmanos wants to back out) were actually true, that would be pretty big friggin news, worthy of its own article.

Not snuck into a pro-Quebec City article as an aside.

Bingo, this would be not just all over Canadian media but even local media and national sports talk media considering that ESPN wouldn't hesitate to take a chance to **** all over the NHL.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'll be worried when I see speculation that isn't part of yet another Canadian article about ****ing Quebec City.

unless you live in this country you do not will not and can not understand how asinine and moronic the media here is and how much it loves [MOD] pander to the witless masses

i would bet my truck (and it is a nice one) that 98% of the qc talk is not only factually untrue but also made up on purpose so rogers can get clicks and listeners and viewers because the xenophobic hockey 'puritans' who vehemently believe hockey should not exist south of philly and who think teams in raleigh, nashville, anaheim, etc are the sole reason why we do not have thriving clubs in saskatoon and moose jaw need something to [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad