Chuck Fletcher done as GM of Minnesota Wild.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rookies do have to break in, but not with Toronto, Toronto is a place for established proven people, like Babcock and Lou, even if Kyle came in and the team was successful how much credit does Kyle get given that this is Lou's roster

Nylander, Rielly, JVR, Kadri, Marner, Brown & Hyman were all drafted/acquired before Lou.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
His name comes up every year for GM vacancies, hes pretty much biding his time in Nashville until Poile retires, if he ever does :naughty:

He's had his pick of the litter in GM jobs the last 10 years or so, I think Nashville pays him close to GM money so there is no reason to leave where you've been for 20 years. Yea being the head honcho is nice but you also have 1000x the pressure.
Nill did for years as well. Then he went to Dallas.

Fair point overall though.

Reactions: Voight

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nylander, Rielly, JVR, Kadri, Marner, Brown & Hyman were all drafted/acquired before Lou.

So that makes it a Lou/Burke/Nonis roster point still stands even if Kyle takes over and they win how much credit does he deserve? he had VERY little to do with it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
His name comes up every year for GM vacancies, hes pretty much biding his time in Nashville until Poile retires, if he ever does :naughty:

He's had his pick of the litter in GM jobs the last 10 years or so, I think Nashville pays him close to GM money so there is no reason to leave where you've been for 20 years. Yea being the head honcho is nice but you also have 1000x the pressure.

He's been AGM for the last 3 years. Unlike Phoenix's GM who ran a stats website. Every GM is a rookie at some point.

I think its impressive he was an OHL GM at 25, the OHL is the ultimate old boys club.

Thankyou for bringing that up, how is that working up for Arizona? It's f***ing not, at all

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So that makes it a Lou/Burke/Nonis roster point still stands even if Kyle takes over and they win how much credit does he deserve? he had VERY little to do with it.

Depends how much he tinkers with it -- Bowman didnt get much credit for the Blackhawks 2010 title but he got full credit for 2013 & 2015 due to trades being made. Similar to Rutherford the last two years, he got credit because he made changes that worked.

Thankyou for bringing that up, how is that working up for Arizona? It's ****ing not, at all

Chayka was a bad hire from the start. At least Dubas will have solid experience when he takes over.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Hey guys, I said A GM was bad 8 years ago and he wad fired today, see? I was right all along!

Never mind the fact that 99% of coaches and GMs lose their job because teams want to go in a new direction.

Even the best of them get replaced in such a manner.

Where the team was when he came in, and where he took the team shows how wrong you were. You don't go from a team with no prospects and very few assets to a perennial playoff team by simply being bad at your job.

Fletcher clearly did good work and it was proven out in the standings, he just hit a slick patch in the road and couldn't get the car moving again.

No, his being replaced now doesn't prove anything about what you said 8 years ago, because what you said then has already been disproven several times over already.

Another of my predictions came true. Only took minutes this time. Imagine that, I just said they wouldn't be able to admit it, and sure enough, they ring true yet again.

You and I know that my statements way back then wasn't that Fletcher would be fired. It would help your argument if you didn't intentionally misstate my position. You can't admit that you were wrong and I was right. Simple as that.

What's funny/sad about this is that you vilified me for not jumping on the "fire Risebrough" bandwagon after he didn't produce results after only three years of the owner actually giving him the go-ahead to win (and I was okay with the change when Fletcher was hired). And now after a leash of 9 freaking years and a blank check every year, you're giving Fletcher every excuse possible for his failure to build a consistent Stanley Cup contender and leaving this team in a tough spot for the foreseeable future. It's not even the same thing. This is much worse. You're not even okay with this change after 9 years.

But you just said it yourself, Leipold is the "problem". If that's the case, why any vitriol towards the GM over the last 8 years? What does it matter if he was fired 8 years ago, today, or 8 years from now?

When it comes down to it, 4 teams have won the Cup in the 9 years that Fletcher has been here, none of them were bad in the drafts that you wanted us to be, and I see no superpower in the league right now that would've followed that timeline.

If there's a bad coach, why criticize the players? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

If you want to win the Cup, you have to, you know, get there and have a real shot at it. And preferably more than once. We have not. And hey, 15% isn't bad. Or is it too much to ask to be part of that 15% for a change? Sounds like a typical MN sports fan. Good is good enough. We don't deserve better.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If there's a bad coach, why criticize the players? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

If you want to win the Cup, you have to, you know, get there and have a real shot at it. And preferably more than once. We have not. And hey, 15% isn't bad. Or is it too much to ask to be part of that 15% for a change? Sounds like a typical MN sports fan. Good is good enough. We don't deserve better.

Ok, but again, your plan hasn't resulted in any teams from 2010 to 2015 joining that 15%. If the Oilers, Islanders, Sabres and Panthers were powerhouses right now, your point would be well taken.

Maybe Toronto is on their way, Colorado might be too, maybe Edmonton will rebound with the best player on the planet, maybe Winnipeg might be an example; but the Islanders are where they are right now, Edmonton screwed it up pretty badly (though I'm pretty sure they were all pretty close to consensus #1's) and might be bailed out by #97, I don't even know about Buffalo.

All of these teams are the Chicago's, Pittsburgh's and Washington's of the mid-2000's only without the any of the good fortune. Maybe if we'd be the exception, maybe we'd be right in the middle of that pack.

Vual Grimoire

May 11, 2017
Chuck Fletcher out after nine seasons as Wild general...

"The frontrunner to replace Fletcher is Nashville Predators assistant GM Paul Fenton."

From the article, in case you can't access the paywall.

Fletcher and Boudreau shld have been gone last spring. They had more than enough time to take a cpl decent playoff runs. It's a mystery why they hired Bourdeau in the first place. Any playoff series he's been in, he gets outcoached. No clue how to draw up a defensive play or power play. He just yells and swears at his team like it's some beer league. Players know he's a clown and there's no commitment to win for him. Theyre just making their big $$$ and ignoring his bs. Why not make Matt Cullen coach? He's a proven Cup winner, a Minnesota native and is respected by players. Assistants can handle the practices etc while Cullen builds a team identity.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fletcher and Boudreau shld have been gone last spring. They had more than enough time to take a cpl decent playoff runs. It's a mystery why they hired Bourdeau in the first place. Any playoff series he's been in, he gets outcoached. No clue how to draw up a defensive play or power play. He just yells and swears at his team like it's some beer league. Players know he's a clown and there's no commitment to win for him. Theyre just making their big $$$ and ignoring his bs. Why not make Matt Cullen coach? He's a proven Cup winner, a Minnesota native and is respected by players. Assistants can handle the practices etc while Cullen builds a team identity.

Last year was his first year...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That's fine and dandy but in the end the NHL is not about the regular season, it's all about the Cup.

Can’t say the weight of the loss really falls on Boudreau. Rather, it falls on Zucker, Dumba, Brodin, Coyle, Nino, etc.

Considering how poorly that group played in the playoffs, I’d say it was a miracle we didn’t get swept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->