Chuck Fletcher done as GM of Minnesota Wild.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I figured there would be changes there after another first round exit. Wondering about Boudreau, or if that will be up to new GM

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I figured there would be changes there after another first round exit. Wondering about Boudreau, or if that will be up to new GM
Fletcher being out does sort of put Boudreau's fate in the air, though I'd still assume he'll stay for now.

Considering what Fletcher was facing when he got the job and what his initial marching orders were (to compete as quickly as possible), I think he did an admirable job. But 9 years is a long time and some of the bets just haven't payed off like they needed to.

We'll see who ends up replacing him, but Minnesota can do a lot worse.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IF Lou steps and I think he's done a great job so I want him to get a 2 year extension, but if he steps down I'd be in favour of chuck Fletcher

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boudreau will be around for another season, but the heat is squarely on him now, as well as the players, who lay down like dogs in the playoffs the past two years.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That's my fear, I'd rather not hand the job to a rookie, and yes he's a rookie I don't care what he did prior to the NHL
Eh, he' s been in training for 3 years. He has more experience than most rookies. If he's not GM then he leaves and becomes a GM elsewhere.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's fine and dandy but in the end the NHL is not about the regular season, it's all about the Cup.
I somewhat agree with you, but I'm sure that fans in OTT, VAN, ARI, and BUF would be thrilled to be in the playoffs. Fletcher was a good, classy, GM, but not good enough, I guess. I think the players really let him down. Pretty gutless bunch.

Reactions: NotYou and FVM

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Eh, he' s been in training for 3 years. He has more experience than most rookies. If he's not GM then he leaves and becomes a GM elsewhere.

Good let him go prove he can be a GM then if he does that when he hits the market again because he will because guys get fired THEN we can talk now If he's the GM he's Babcock's boss, he can't be Babcock's boss, he doesn't have that level of credibility.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
kinda SOP I guess. Maybe not really reasonable (IMO) in a lot of instances but what else are you going to do? He was really quite successful as far as regular season performance goes in his tenure here (especially later).

Wish him success. He'll probably win a cup somewhere before the Wild do.

Reactions: Bazeek

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I somewhat agree with you, but I'm sure that fans in OTT, VAN, ARI, and BUF would be thrilled to be in the playoffs. Fletcher was a good, classy, GM, but not good enough, I guess. I think the players really let him down. Pretty gutless bunch.

Who do you think is responsible for assembling that gutless bunch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad