Waived: Chris Stewart

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Wild have been trying to move him to make room for AHL call-ups and Greenway. I don't think there's much more to it than that. Seems about 50/50 that he'll get claimed. He's not great, but he's cheap depth.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
he has to get picked up no? Playoff depth or a team needing some size like vancouver?

I’m thinking there’s no way he makes it to a playoff team. I’d assume you’re on the right track with the 2nd part. He’s an upgrade for a lot of teams at the bottom of the standings, so why not claim him and see if he’s a fit?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I’m thinking there’s no way he makes it to a playoff team. I’d assume you’re on the right track with the 2nd part. He’s an upgrade for a lot of teams at the bottom of the standings, so why not claim him and see if he’s a fit?

Because Rasmus Dahlin...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are the Wild making cap room for someone?
and roster space. Need to sign Greenway and Belpedio this spring.

I also think that Stewart wanted to be moved to a team that can give him some regular playing time, so he can earn a contract for next year. He is very popular in MN...no issues there.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weird. Has he been that bad? I remember quite a few big goals he's scored this year.

Are the Wild going to make a TDL move after all i wonder.

He's not been great, but Foligno has made him redundant. A lot of Wild fans aren't thrilled with the Foligno signing. And let's not talk about Ennis...

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
We have zero need to trade even a 7th round pick for an excess forward. If they want to claim him free of charge great, but otherwise, no thanks!
He means that you guys should pick him for free and then try to trade him while retaining.

Reactions: PensandCaps

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Pens should consider going for him as they let Reaves go.

Caps too for their bottom 6.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can Wild fans fill me in on what happened with Stewart? I thought he was working out nicely in Minnesota. What happened? I'm guessing he's too slow for the new NHL? Or is it something else?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can Wild fans fill me in on what happened with Stewart? I thought he was working out nicely in Minnesota. What happened? I'm guessing he's too slow for the new NHL? Or is it something else?
He's a good glue guy, has been bizarrely good in shootouts and goes on a yearly hot streak where he scores a lot. But from game to game he doesn't seem to bring enough for Boudreau to play him over Ennis or Foligno. I'm sure Wild fans could all make their case for which of the 3 each of us dislikes most, but Stewart's the one that's been out of the line-up the most. His contract also makes him the most likely to actually get picked up.

This is at least partly a favor to Stewart as well. He's going to want ice time so that he can earn himself a contract over the summer.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If we hadn't already signed Gionta (for whatever reason), I would have like to have seen BOS put in a claim for him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's not fast, but he's not slow. HIs trouble is that he isn't a very good grinder. Hell of fighter...the game has moved away from that, and he doesn't go looking for them like some young guy out to prove himself, but he can throw with the best of them.

He is extremely well liked in MN, but roster spots are needed for some young talent.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I think the problem with Stewart is he is a good fighter but he doesn’t really play physical and can be invisible some games. Most tough guys throw big or consistent hits or try and stir it up after whistles. Stewart is kinda quiet except when he decides to fight.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->