Chris Stewart or Cory Emmerton?

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Here is a question for Kingston Frontenacs fans and other OHL fans, who would you say has the highest ceiling between Stewart and Emmerton?

Emmerton seems to be a fantastic playmaker, and Stewart is more known for his drive around the net and his work ethic. Is it just a matter of Stewart being a more aggressive type of player that makes him rated higher than Emmerton or is he just as skilled and offensively gifted?

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
i went to school with Emmerton, played on the school hockey team with him. hes built like a tank. good skater and a workhorse. hes got a good finish around the net as well as excellent playmaking skills.

EMMERTON >> Stewart

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Over at Young Guns Hockey we've got Emmerton at #15. Besides size, there's nothing not to like about him. I would bet there are NHL teams who have him higher. I'm not a believer in Stewart but I'd be willing to bet there's teams who have him in their top 15 as well.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
It's a tough call for me. I've seen both play like 50 times in the last 2 years. Emmerton is just amazing at setting people up, while Stewart is great at finishing what Emmerton sets up.

For offensive potential, I would rank Emmerton slightly aheadof Stewart, but I also like Chris more than Anthony too, so that might give you an idea of how I rank them.

In his time here, Anthony was good, but he didn't have the drive that Chris does. He seemed lazy to me, whereas Chris gives his all every shift. Anthony also has one move- low glove side. I've actually seen Chris deke to score a goal. I was a huge fan of Anthony until Chris broke out this year, then I realized if Anthony actually gave a damn in Kingston, what he could have been like.

Emmerton- Last year I had my doubts about him, since he was just some kid who made the team out of camp by getting 6 preseason goals. He extinguished my doubts this year, and then some. As I said, he is an amazing set up man, but also has quite a hard shot too. I've seen him battle in the corners and drive to the net, so he's far from a small perimeter player. I'm really hoping that one of them lasts until Ottawa picks, especially Emmerton, he would be a great #2 behind Spezza if Kaigorodov never ends up coming over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad