Player Discussion Chris Kreider Part II: Manimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
CK is one of the best net front guys in the entire league..and has been since like his 2nd season in the NHL.
He struggled alot with timing when he first got in the league. He'd end up blocking the shot or he'd jump to the side too early. Hes been much better with this facet of his game. I'd love to see him a strong game bringing the puck infront of the net ala Wayne Simmons

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009
I always thought he has screened goalies well, but nothing ever went in because we had nobody shooting the friggin puck.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kevin Shattenkirk has an almost inhuman ability to get hard accurate wrist shots on net. Cant remember the last defenseman who really had that skill who played for the Rangers...I guess Leetch? Kinda unfair to compare the 2 since Leetch is a HOFer and one of the greatest american born players in the history of the game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He struggled alot with timing when he first got in the league. He'd end up blocking the shot or he'd jump to the side too early. Hes been much better with this facet of his game. I'd love to see him a strong game bringing the puck infront of the net ala Wayne Simmons

This is the way that it has appeared to me.

There were a bunch of times where he'd be in good position and then end up moving for no reason. That hasn't happened this year.

His play thus far hasn't been Stellar, but hes at least done something to be pretty impactful. Production has been coming along recently as well.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
good screens, got a nice rebound goal yesterday but would like to see him work on his deflection, he used to score a bunch of them.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Clearly evident that the scoring chances Kreider gets are largely on his own hustle, speed with and without the puck. Maybe the goals are inconsistent at times, however game in game out one thing is certain. He creates chances.

His play with Zbad and Buch always seems to elevate. Id argue that the trio is the best line the Rangers had since Straka/Nylander/Jagr.

Unfortunatly as soon as the team suffers its next loss we will likely se Buchnevich on the 4th line and Kreider skating with Hayes or Deshairnais.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We need him to stay hot in the next important metro games - hopefully it will be enough to get pts.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Manimal and beast is back. Would anyone be surprised if he's in the lineup against the isles or against the sens on saturday?!?
Get Buch back and we have our first line again

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
He's played great since returning , but have to keep it context of this particular Rangers season. Also, he can be a lunkhead at times with bad penalties and needless mistakes. When he's on he is a force. Myabe the purging of some of the Vets has made him more of a a leader.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He's played great since returning , but have to keep it context of this particular Rangers season. Also, he can be a lunkhead at times with bad penalties and needless mistakes. When he's on he is a force. Myabe the purging of some of the Vets has made him more of a a leader.
Yeah, agreed. He definitely needs to be more consistent in terms of being driven to be physical and disruptive every game. I found it interesting that he said in hindsight the blood clot was causing him to fatigue more quickly than usual even way back this fall. Given the seriousness of that issue I personally am okay cutting him some slack for being on and off toward the middle of this season, but next year he really should show that he can be a force every night.

He seems like he has the right personality to be a leader, it's definitely possible his growing up a bit and the team moving other leadership type vets out will push him to be that guy more. The team could definitely use it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He is 30-31 next time we compete and he rely much on his speed game - if I was the GM I would move him for sure for another 1st future pick for sure in 2018 or 19 draft. And we don`t really know how he respond if he is here next training camp based on his serious injury.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Kreider and Zib are both going 40-40 next season. Someone posted it here, so it must be true.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider was in the AHL as recently as 13-14.

AV has pretty much been his only coach.

This excites me.
He broke into the league under Torts, no? He played in the playoffs before he even set foot in a regular season contest. He was a revelation in that playoff series too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad