Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico TRADED for Ville Pokka

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You have very low expectations if you think that makes him a genius.

Especially considering we probably could have acquired the same player at some other time without giving up any assets whatsoever. Not like the kid was coveted by anyone else last I heard, he's on a one-year contract and hasn't been brought up to the NHL for one single game. We basically swapped your average depth forward for an average depth dman.

Moves like this are a dime a dozen in the NHL and I honestly wonder if the Swiftwins of this board are not simply trolling us at this point.

Reactions: Cosmix

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
I reckon he'll be a serviceable 7th dman for you. The news back here in finland has been that he never got a chance under coach Q which partially explains the ahl stay. I'd expect him to get the easy minutes in nhl or bigger role in Europe after this contract.

Reactions: Slack

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Especially considering we probably could have acquired the same player at some other time without giving up any assets whatsoever. Not like the kid was coveted by anyone else last I heard, he's on a one-year contract and hasn't been brought up to the NHL for one single game. We basically swapped your average depth forward for an average depth dman.

Moves like this are a dime a dozen in the NHL and I honestly wonder if the Swiftwins of this board are not simply trolling us at this point.

I got a free iPod shuffle as an incentive for moving into an apartment and hardly used it, so I sold it for twenty bucks. Guess that makes me a genius too!

And a very stable genius at that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is he in the lineup for next game?
I'm going to guess the Pokka(mon) will be in Belleville's lineup for next game, not ours. We have Karlsson, Chabot, Ceci, Harpur, Claesson, Boro, and Oduya(for now). Not sure we'd bump one of those guys to give Pokka has first NHL game.

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are going to rebuild Belleville by waiving,picking up off waivers then trading again..One Chris Didomenico.....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Except dido was playing well in the nhl. So we traded a good nhler for a guy who’s never been able to crack the nhl.

Just another way to look at this trade.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Except dido was playing well in the nhl. So we traded a good nhler for a guy who’s never been able to crack the nhl.

Just another way to look at this trade.

Idk if I'd call Dido a good NHL'r... I mean, he was producing this season, so I can't take that away from him, and I guess he's better than Burrows, but that's not a high bar to clear. I'm just not sure he'd be on many other NHL teams... Dido is expected to report to the icehogs.

Also, kind of odd to say Pokka (23 yrs old) is a guy who's never been able to crack the NHL when comparing him to Dido, who first cracked an NHL roster at 27.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This is pretty good actually.

I don't have high hopes for Pokka, as he hasn't really improved in hja 4YRs in Rockford, but who knows, he's only 23.

Worst case scenario he fills the role of a top 4 offensive RD for Belleville, as they've needed one of those all year.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wideman is a better player.. I would guess he is targeted principally at Belleville.. and he is not particularly close to being a NHL player

Unfortunately for Wideman, with this being his season leading up to his becoming an UFA, his injury has not allowed him to be "noticed" around the league, and his value as an UFA most likely dropped, because there may be some reservations in signing an injured player, if another option is available.

It would be wise for him to re-sign with the Senators, short term,if they offer him a contract extension, if they feel his recovery is going in the right direction.

RH D.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Idk if I'd call Dido a good NHL'r... I mean, he was producing this season, so I can't take that away from him, and I guess he's better than Burrows, but that's not a high bar to clear. I'm just not sure he'd be on many other NHL teams... Dido is expected to report to the icehogs.

Also, kind of odd to say Pokka (23 yrs old) is a guy who's never been able to crack the NHL when comparing him to Dido, who first cracked an NHL roster at 27.
Dido was playing well. That’s that. Based on play he’s on a lot of nhl teams.

We will see what pokka can bring. I like this kind of pick up though

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Continues to dismantle the Boucher mafia.

If Pyatt and/or Dumont are sent out in the next 10 days, then I think Guy is gone at the end of the year. Wouldn't have thought that last Friday.

Reactions: Silencio

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dido was playing well. That’s that. Based on play he’s on a lot of nhl teams.

We will see what pokka can bring. I like this kind of pick up though

I think he was getting an opportunity he wouldn't on many other teams. He needs an offensive role (linemates and PP time) to be productive, and Idk if he'd get that in a lot of other spots. He's not a very good grinder though, nor is he good defensively, so if he's not getting the right role he's not going to help a team. 4 pts in his last 16 games won't keep him in many teams lineups.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Hopefully he finally gets a chance in Ottawa. I think he was better during his last season in Finland than Markus Nutivaara on his, Nutivaara went on to become a regular NHLer on his first season while Pokka has been grinding AHL for years. Interesting how these things work. Different orgs and all but still. I guess his skating just doesn't cut it for the big clubs? Anyway, best of luck to all involved.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Dido was literally the definition of 'bubble player'. I liked his game while he was here in Ottawa, but would gladly push him out the door for one of our prospects next season (Formenton, Brown, Batherson, etc, etc). Dido doesn't fit in any long term plan. I do think he can get games on other clubs if he's utilized properly and he will produce some points.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ville Pokka actually reminds me of Mattias Karlsson

Is this any good or does it follow the Netflix trend of high production value with limited plot

Doesn't look like it's a Netflix movie. They mostly do TV shows I think

Guy makes one deal that doesn’t look horrible at face value and he’s a genius

It was intended sarcasm to denote the usual exaggerated opposite reactions to meaningless trades, just derisory sarcasm to show that overreactions are a bit too much, both ways. Looks like many got tricked.

and it seems someone has already been asking about Paajarvi another one of Dorion's free pickups. Problem is he doesn't look too bad in our bottom 6 so I don't know if they should give him up for a late pick. Maybe they should try to re-sign him instead if he accepts about $800k or less .

Nah, just get the most picks and prospects possible. Young(er) assets. That's how you retool fast ala Boston, Devils, even Avs

There's going to be guys in FA, or go hard after some high touted college FA. And we have a lot of prospects graduating in the next few years.

I also think Nick Paul should be on the 4th line. I still don't see why he's not there. To me, he always seemed intense and pushing the play the other way.

Hawks fans are saying he can't skate

But is it based on the time McDavid walked him? Karlsson gets walked on a regular basis, does it mean he can't skate? Anyway, I never seen Pokka play at the NHL level so I have no idea.

Well he was producing in 24 games at the exact same rate as Burrows did in his first 40 Sens regular season games and he was deemed terrible so...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->