Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico has been placed on waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
PD has always stated that GB is the one that makes all lineup decisions including the players who get called up/sent down, so this really has nothing to do with the tank, GB actually believes that Dumont is an NHL player.
PD also said that everything in the hockey department goes through him

Reactions: bert

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
How did didomenico play games for Syracuse this year?

Didn't Tampa have to play him in the nhl when they claimed him? Didn't we claim him as soon as he went back on waivers?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Didn't Tampa have to play him in the nhl when they claimed him? Didn't we claim him as soon as he went back on waivers?
My guess is he was put on waivers on a Friday then sent down to Syracuse for the weekend. Waivers then would pass through on Monday at 12 when he was claimed.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Dido is much too big of a threat to score on the PP.

#PPGuruBoucher wants to keep that percentage good and low. The lower the better.

Who are we to judge his plan? He's got a sports psychology degree! He knows what he's doing!

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland

Tampa claimed him off the Sens on waivers, sent him to the AHL for a short conditioning stint, and when that was over, they put him on waivers to send him down permanently, at which point the Sens claimed him back and assigned him to Belleville.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You are now the GM of the Ottawa Senators... Your dream job... Have at 'er
open-uri20150422-20810-1eqn5zt_68a0ef78.jpeg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hummm .... GB wanted Burrows, DiDomenico, Thompson, Dumont & Pyatt, all considered GB boys. Thompson traded, DiDomenico waived again, Burrows sucks this yr & Dumont is an AHL player at best. Let's also add that waiver wire pickup Paajarvi. Pyatt seems to be the only one who has a shot at staying in the NHL however, he's also on one of the worse teams in the NHL right now, so what does that really mean.

Quite the professionals at evaluating talent that GB & PD team & yet they won't give some of their own prospects a shot. Seems kind of ridiculous to me that any of those guys have made a bigger difference to this team than some of the prospects would have like White, Chlapik, Paul or Gagne. What are DiDo or Dumont doing in Ottawa when White or Chlapik would have been just as good with the potential to improve & be better players. Why is Paajarvi or Burrows in the lineup when Paul or Gagne could have done just as well IMO. Very poor management decisions.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
What the **** are we doing

Who cares. Embrace the tank imo.

DiDo was a nice surprise. Pretty impressive what he's been able to accomplish considering he was playing in Italy a few years ago.

Either way, he's not part of the plan moving forward and I'd rather see a young prospect with potential take his place instead.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Who cares. Embrace the tank imo.

DiDo was a nice surprise. Pretty impressive what he's been able to accomplish considering he was playing in Italy a few years ago.

Either way, he's not part of the plan moving forward and I'd rather see a young prospect with potential take his place instead.
He's already been claimed once this year though, you gotta think he might actually be worth something on deadline day. He keeps scoring, you gotta think his value around the league has gone up. I don't see the point in giving him away at this time.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
PD has always stated that GB is the one that makes all lineup decisions including the players who get called up/sent down, so this really has nothing to do with the tank, GB actually believes that Dumont is an NHL player.

Hummm, never heard that.

When did Dorion make that statement?

I've heard that the GM, Coach and Randy Lee would make those decisions as a group.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is the organization that likes to make their call-ups after 5:00pm so they don't have to pay a player a full days NHL salary, so really, as long as they are saving, Uncle Euge is a happy camper.

You know, my Father always said, that you should always look after the pennies, and the dollars will take of themselves.

Would you spend money if you did not have to?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He's already been claimed once this year though, you gotta think he might actually be worth something on deadline day. He keeps scoring, you gotta think his value around the league has gone up. I don't see the point in giving him away at this time.

He's been claimed twice this season, off waivers.

The Senators want to send him to Belleville and he has to clear waivers to get there.

Would be surprised if a playoff bound team claims him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Conditioning stint apparently.. He then was called up and waived , thats when Ottawa picked him up again.
Chris Didomenico re-claimed off waivers by Ottawa from Tampa Bay Lightning
Once upon a time, Chris Didomenico was claimed by the Tampa Bay Lightning off waivers from the Ottawa Senators. He was just as swiftly sent down to the Syracuse Crunch on a conditioning stint. After the allotted time of the stint was done, he went back up to Tampa — but for roster number purposes, had to be sent back down through waivers yesterday.
Steve Yzerman gambled that he would not be picked up again by the Ottawa Senators.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I like Dido .. He helps the team in Belleville immensely as well.. it is so devoid of skill. If they were going to do this .. why not call him up and send him down as an emergency call up for the injured players.. or leave him down there and call up Chlapik or someone else. Calling him up and keeping him up was a recipe for him to get exposed to waivers again... its an unnecessary loss of an asset. For the sake of 200k or so IE the cost of having Dido stay up and Dumont and the prorated balance of his 650k salary be sent down .. I'd rather have Dido than Dumont..

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->