choker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I just dont see how you can not label Ovechkin a choker. If thats not choking, what is ?

He choked. Period. Hey, if its really not a choke job, then we say he failed.

But come on, if we were having a beer right now, we would be talking about "Chokey Chokerson" and "The Choke Meister".

lol, seriously, Ovechkin deserves everything he is getting, by the players and the fans. If you want to be a hot dog, then be prepared to wear some mustard too.

Dont feel sorry for him though, he has bank. Better to have bank and be a choker than to have no bank.

lol.

DR

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Comon, give the guy a break, the whole canadian team was literally gangbanging him. Heck even Crosby hitted him :speechles

If someone choked, Malkin did.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DR said:
I just dont see how you can not label Ovechkin a choker. If thats not choking, what is ?

He choked. Period. Hey, if its really not a choke job, then we say he failed.

But come on, if we were having a beer right now, we would be talking about "Chokey Chokerson" and "The Choke Meister".

lol, seriously, Ovechkin deserves everything he is getting, by the players and the fans. If you want to be a hot dog, then be prepared to wear some mustard too.

Dont feel sorry for him though, he has bank. Better to have bank and be a choker than to have no bank.

lol.

DR
The Russians were facing an allstar team, last I checked hockey was a team sport. Ovechkin is only one person on that team. He tried his hardest took a beating. I don't think he failed, it just wasn't in the books for him or Russia. Why isn't there threads about Malkin, Olesz or Tukonen failing. Why should Ovechkin have to carry Russia on his back for a full tournement. I think you are being unfair.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
you guys are just HILARIOUS! when kovalchuk was a teenager, he had exactly the same things happen. he was arrogant a lot. he "choked" a few times. now he is a mature player who doesnt fear any physical play. you guys need to give people a break and stop obessing so much :lol

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Madevilz said:
Comon, give the guy a break, the whole canadian team was literally gangbanging him. Heck even Crosby hitted him :speechles

If someone choked, Malkin did.

Well at least Malkin was on the ice playing a creating chances. Sure blame it on Malkin when Ovechkin is the selfish one with his equipment off because of a damn shoulder tweak. Give me a break. Ovechkin did NOTHING all game. At least Malkin was able to create a few scoring chances.

Give me a break.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
It's post like these, that drive me crazy.

What post?

I may be a Malkin fan, ill admit it. But I have to say out of all the forwards for Russia he was the one creating a majority of the chances. The goaltending sucked as well as the defense, as expected. But one thing is for sure, Ovechkin did absolutely nothing that game.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
jtuzzi21 said:
No Russians choked. They simply were out of their league.
then he should have left the hot dog act in the lockerroom.

Unbiased Canadian said:
It's post like these, that drive me crazy..
and

2forsbergaura1 said:
i agree, just ignorant comments by rather ignorant people here
well pardon me. dont we take ourselves a little too seriously.

i happen to think its a valid point, consdering the show boating he did over a meaningless empty netter.

he got a beat down and doesnt get any benefit of the doubt. why ? because we are fans and its our perogative.

dr

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah... like guys above me said... Hockey is a team sport. Canada had a vastly superior team and that's all it is. It wasn't up to Ovechkin or Malkin to singlehandedly win the game for the Russians. Those 2 kids have nothing to be ashamed of. Actualy, the fact that the big canucks hit and hit and hit AO and targeted him prooves to me how big a part of their game plan he was. I give AO all the credit in the world for that. If the Russians had an 18 year old Wayne Gretzky playing for them today, they still wouldn't have won. And that wouldn't have made Gretzky a choker, just a member of an inferior team.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
espion said:
Yeah... like guys above me said... Hockey is a team sport. Canada had a vastly superior team and that's all it is. It wasn't up to Ovechkin or Malkin to singlehandedly win the game for the Russians. Those 2 kids have nothing to be ashamed of. Actualy, the fact that the big canucks hit and hit and hit AO and targeted him prooves to me how big a part of their game plan he was. If the Russians had an 18 year old Wayne Gretzky playing for them today, they still wouldn't have won. And that wouldn't have made a choker, just a member of an inferior team.

Nice post man, very well said.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
DR said:
well pardon me. dont we take ourselves a little too seriously.

i happen to think its a valid point, consdering the show boating he did over a meaningless empty netter.

he got a beat down and doesnt get any benefit of the doubt. why ? because we are fans and its our perogative.

dr

I don't really think he got beat down buddy, I think Team Canada kept to there game plan by playing the body. And I give him credit...he took ever hit and dished out just as many, and after every hit...he was on his feet.
Plus he tried to comeback and play with a hurt shoulder.

As far as choking I think you should try to swallow this post, cuz it's pretty brutal man.

Brent Burns Beard