CHL/NCAA free agents to be, who are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Anyone know who all/any of the CHL (OHL, WHL and QMJHL) and/or NCAA (WCHA, ECAC, CCHA and Hockey East) players are who are free to sign with any NHL team (whenever the CBA is straightened out)?

It would be interesting to see a list of who is available. CSS usually puts out a yearly "invitee to camp" suggestion list in the fall.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
any undrafted 20 year-old from the CHL would be a free agent wouldn't they?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Top undrafted overage WHL UFAs are:

D Steven Later (Brandon)
D Brett Palin (Kelowna)
D James Cherewyk (Kootenay)
F Rick Rypien (Regina)
F Cody McLeod (Portland)
F Aaron Richards (Kamloops)
G Ryan Cyr (Saskatoon)

Later has been talked to death here, Palin and Cherewyk are two of the top defenders on two of the top defensive teams in the CHL. Rypien, McLeod, Richards are all gritty, hard-working guys who might have a shot as checking-line players in pro. Rypien and McLeod are currently on tryouts with the Manitoba Moose, so might end up in the Vancouver organization.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Aren't Mario Scalzo Jr. (QMJHL) and Syvret (OHL) both overagers who would be available to be signed as a FA??? I've heard that Syvret could be drafted though.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Bryanbryoil said:
Aren't Mario Scalzo Jr. (QMJHL) and Syvret (OHL) both overagers who would be available to be signed as a FA??? I've heard that Syvret could be drafted though.

Syvret isn't an "overager" yet, he'll be 20 entering next year.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Fehr and Stone both havent been signed yet, altho im sure that the new CBA will adress that as they both never really had a chance to sign. but then i guess seeing as how they are 19 year olds they'd technically go back into the draft again wouldnt they?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
allin4466 said:
Fehr and Stone both havent been signed yet, altho im sure that the new CBA will adress that as they both never really had a chance to sign. but then i guess seeing as how they are 19 year olds they'd technically go back into the draft again wouldnt they?

no, cause there's no draft to go back into.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
allin4466 said:

Fehr will definately DEFINATELY be signed by the Caps as soon as the CBA is reached. They will fight to keep him, seeing as down the left side they have Ovechkin and Semin, Fehr is their answer to play along side one of those guys.

Stone will most likely re-enter the draft, I've heard the Pens are too deep on centers to try and find a spot for him. Maybe the Caps pick him up to play with Fehr in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->