Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Bulldogs fall to the Soo 3-2 in OT tonight.

Studenic coles notes:

-showed some good speed on the outside to create a good scoring chance in the 1st.
-again tonight, showed some physicality. He’s not afraid to get dirty.
-had a goalie interference penalty in the 1st where he drove hard to the net, didn’t really make much contact with that goalie but sent off nonetheless.
-Bulldogs had 2 power plays but I didn’t notice much from Studenic during them, actually SSM did a good job pressuring the Dogs on the PK and limiting opportunities.
-didn’t show much in the second period as the game was choppy and the Soo shut the Dogs down.
-flashed some speed in the 3rd and had a real good shift after the Dogs had tied it midway thru. Some good work along the boards and behind the net.
-OT I was caught up in the frenzy and excitement. No Studenic report for the 4th period. :naughty:

Next game is Friday night in the Soo at 7pm. Series tied at 2.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Studenic coles notes:

-showed some good speed on the outside to create a good scoring chance in the 1st.
-had a goalie interference penalty in the 1st where he drove hard to the net, didn’t really make much contact with that goalie but sent off nonetheless.
-Bulldogs had 2 power plays but I didn’t notice much from Studenic during them, actually SSM did a good job pressuring the Dogs on the PK and limiting opportunities.
-didn’t show much in the second period as the game was choppy and the Soo shut the Dogs down.
-flashed some speed in the 3rd and had a real good shift after the Dogs had tied it midway thru. Some good work along the boards and behind the net.
-OT I was caught up in the frenzy and excitement. No Studenic report for the 4th period. :naughty:

thanks for this!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I found this interesting.

The mighty first line for Swift current of Gawdin, Heponiemi and Steenbergen were all pushing 2 points a game during the regular season.

In the playoffs that has mellowed to a bit over 1 ppg.

Sissons has mantained his ppg which has hovered just around 1 ppg all regular season and now into the playoffs.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Studenic coles notes:

Speed and physical play? Sounds like a future contender for a bottom6 slot. Can he play both wings?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Studenic was solid today. His work rate was tremendous and he had a few chances to score. Soo has a hard time getting the puck off him, used his body well to shield defenders and was good along the boards.

From the games I saw in person, his compete level was solid and almost every time he was on the ice, he was in the play, buzzing around and creating chances.

It was great to be in the building for the game. Nerve racking but awesome to soak it all in.

He and the Dogs advance to the Memorial Cup in Regina beginning this Friday.

I’m no scout but I really like his overall game.

I think the Devils may have a player. Just depends how he transitions from junior to pro.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Studenic was solid today. His work rate was tremendous and he had a few chances to score. Soo has a hard time getting the puck off him, used his body well to shield defenders and was good along the boards.

From the games I saw in person, his compete level was solid and almost every time he was on the ice, he was in the play, buzzing around and creating chances.

It was great to be in the building for the game. Nerve racking but awesome to soak it all in.

I think the Devils may have a player. Just depends how he transitions from junior to pro.

Awesome thanks again for the update! Good luck in the memorial cup!

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Awesome thanks again for the update! Good luck in the memorial cup!

Thanks. I’m pumped!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

He's AHL eligible next year. From what you've seen is he ready?

I'm more of the opinion that he should stay in juniors another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad