Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
signing bonus + AHL salary

Yeah, this - players signed to ELCs almost always have signing bonuses that get paid out on July 1. Colby Sissons isn't getting paid a lot of bonus money (or AHL salary, for that matter), but he's already made $75,000 just for signing his ELC and having it slide for 2 years.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Anyone know if there is potential for us to see Sissons in NJ next year? I haven't watched much of him and only can go off his stats. Is he definitely going to need a year or two in the AHL?

We could use a good LHD lol

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Anyone know if there is potential for us to see Sissons in NJ next year? I haven't watched much of him and only can go off his stats. Is he definitely going to need a year or two in the AHL?

I have not seen him personally. But I have heard others say that he still would need a few years in the AHL to work on his defensive game.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

Sissons would have to have a spectacular training camp to make the NJ roster. He'll probably start in Binghamton if he doesn't return for his OA year in Swift Current.

He had a tough camp last season. He is having a career year but his numbers are probably padded by his teammates Gawdin, Heponiemi, and Steenbergen. He is below Severson's junior career Pts/G average at an older age. He'd be behind Vatanen and Butcher on the PP units.

Reactions: Darkauron

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I have not seen him personally. But I have heard others say that he still would need a few years in the AHL to work on his defensive game.
Sissons would have to have a spectacular training camp to make the NJ roster. He'll probably start in Binghamton if he doesn't return for his OA year in Swift Current.

He had a tough camp last season. He is having a career year but his numbers are probably padded by his teammates Gawdin, Heponiemi, and Steenbergen. He is below Severson's junior career Pts/G average at an older age. He'd be behind Vatanen and Butcher on the PP units.

Pretty much what I figured. Still a few years out, but there's definitely potential there.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I feel like the fact that anyone for a second even entertained the thought of him being in NJ next season really speaks to our lack of defensive depth. This seasons draft needs to be defense heavy.

Reactions: Billdo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I feel like the fact that anyone for a second even entertained the thought of him being in NJ next season really speaks to our lack of defensive depth. This seasons draft needs to be defense heavy.
I think we have depth. Even without Moore, we still have 3 viable lhd options. What we lack is top end talent.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think we have depth. Even without Moore, we still have 3 viable lhd options. What we lack is top end talent.

I'm actually beginning to worry about RHD depth. We've loaded up on LHD prospects, but really lack on the right. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but after Vats/Severson/Lovejoy/Santini and possibly Butcher on his off side, who do we have there, Josh Jacobs and... ? Its absolutely conceivable to lose a couple RHD to injury in the season, at which point we're pretty screwed.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I'm actually beginning to worry about RHD depth. We've loaded up on LHD prospects, but really lack on the right. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but after Vats/Severson/Lovejoy/Santini and possibly Butcher on his off side, who do we have there, Josh Jacobs and... ? Its absolutely conceivable to lose a couple RHD to injury in the season, at which point we're pretty screwed.

Walsh is a RHD.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Walsh is a RHD.
Oh yeah. Forgot he was a righty. Still, he's a few years out. I wouldn't mind adding a borderline AHL'NHLer or an almost washed up vet to Bing.

It's funny. We seem to have quality at RHD, and quantity at LHD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->