Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Reactions: Darkauron

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
*Quenneville
*Seney
Davies
Lappin
McLeod

Honourable mentions to Anderson and Speers

*Most likely to see full time action in New Jersey within the next year or two
Don't think I would ever Lappin ahead of Anderson and the fact he's going to be 26 next season, I don't think he should be considered a prospect anymore, at least not in the true sense of the word.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Gourde and Coleman are on the older side for rookies. I don’t see Lappin as a fit with NJ because he’d have to play with edge and grit to fit next to Boyle as RW4.
I think he does play that way, he had some good games last season and he gets to the net. Hopefully there is no place for him on the roster though.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
How is McLeod's post season so far - I want to know how he's looked? Thanks in advance.
McLeod hasn't played any pro postseason games. Binghamton didn't make the playoffs. He was called up as one of the black aces for New Jersey yesterday.

McLeod's junior team Mississauga was eliminated from the OHL playoffs in the first round in six games by Barrie. As Captain, McLeod led his team with six goals and four assists for a Pts/G% of 1.63 with a +3 rating and 11 PIM with the only fight for the team. He had one shorthanded goal, one shorthanded assist, one power play assist and 21 shots. McLeod won 138 face offs and lost 87 face offs for an FO% of 63.0.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Maltsev apparently resigned a new contract with SKA. No info on term or anything.

This is according to @AlexSerenRosso on Twitter, seems reputable.

Kinda hoped he would have made the jump

Reactions: Tao Jones

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Maltsev apparently resigned a new contract with SKA. No info on term or anything.

This is according to @AlexSerenRosso on Twitter, seems reputable.

Kinda hoped he would have made the jump

Makes sense. He would make way more money in the KHL versus the AHL, especially for SKA.

I think if he comes over it's to play in the NHL. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Makes sense. He would make way more money in the KHL versus the AHL, especially for SKA.

I think if he comes over it's to play in the NHL. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I'm not sure that's true, re: money - Maltsev would only be a depth player in the KHL, and I highly doubt he gets paid a lot in the minors. As a minor leaguer in the NHL he'd make something like $150,000 minimum. Granted cost of living is different, but I don't know that SKA is throwing down a lot of cash for their younger players.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'm not sure that's true, re: money - Maltsev would only be a depth player in the KHL, and I highly doubt he gets paid a lot in the minors. As a minor leaguer in the NHL he'd make something like $150,000 minimum. Granted cost of living is different, but I don't know that SKA is throwing down a lot of cash for their younger players.
minor leaguers don't get paid THAT much - it's like 50-60 grand i think, with the average being 85k (back in 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->