Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
He's not playing tonight, but I really really like what I've seen from Marian Studenic. He's not finding the scoresheet as of late, but he's an incredible combination of speed, skating, skills, and smarts. Apparently the Devils scouting crew is very high on him. Definitely another potential gem in the making. I'll make a quick remark about Seney in the AHL thread, but he's a much improved player from when I saw him play for Merrimack last year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He's not playing tonight, but I really really like what I've seen from Marian Studenic. He's not finding the scoresheet as of late, but he's an incredible combination of speed, skating, skills, and smarts. Apparently the Devils scouting crew is very high on him. Definitely another potential gem in the making. I'll make a quick remark about Seney in the AHL thread, but he's a much improved player from when I saw him play for Merrimack last year.

Why is Stud out?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
No one mentioned U Minnesota - Duluth winning? Joey Anderson wins a championship!

I assume this means he's done w college?

Edited - forgot Denver won last year, not them

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Last 3 highlights of Chainey assists were all shot based.

I'm going to say the talk of how bad his shot is, is over rated.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Last 3 highlights of Chainey assists were all shot based.

I'm going to say the talk of how bad his shot is, is over rated.
Because a CHL goaltender gives up a rebound through traffic to a player determines said player has a good shot? Chainey will not beat pro goaltenders (QMJHL goaltenders for that matter) with the current shot that he has.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Because a CHL goaltender gives up a rebound through traffic to a player determines said player has a good shot? Chainey will not beat pro goaltenders (QMJHL goaltenders for that matter) with the current shot that he has.
Well that was one of the 3.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Article on UMD/Anderson: Dream ending to dream season; Shepard, Andersons reflect on UMD...

So how do the brothers top this season? Older brother Joey, a sophomore wing, isn't sure they can.

Mikey is a 2017 fourth-round draft pick of the Los Angeles Kings. He said after Saturday's game he's likely coming back to UMD.

Joey, a 2016 third-round pick of the New Jersey Devils, said Saturday he was unsure about next season and that still held true Tuesday. After playing in two NCAA title games (winning one) and two World Juniors (winning gold and bronze) he had some thinking to do after all the celebrating winds down.

"It's almost hard to put words to it. So much of what we did this year was what we dreamt of as kids," Joey said Saturday. "That's all it ever was, was dreams. To accomplish a lot of those is something special. It's why we play the game, for these moments right now. This is what we strive to do our whole lives. To do it with him is incredible."

I could understand if Joey went back for another year to play with his brother, especially if he's more likely spending the year in the AHL than collecting an NHL paycheck.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad