Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Mcleod's hockey sense is much better than Wood's. He's a lot more dynamic than wood as he's a very good playmaker and also is obviously a center. He'll be much more valuable than wood in the future. I don't think they are comparable players other than they both can skate very fast. Mcleod is being underrated on here for sure.
So he is as fast as wood, more dynamic, a better passer with better hockey IQ and a center yet he is putting up worse comparable numbers than Wood at BC...much worse.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So he is as fast as wood, more dynamic, a better passer with better hockey IQ and a center yet he is putting up worse comparable numbers than Wood at BC...much worse.

Because comparing different players in different leagues and competition is smart... :laugh:

I love people complaining so much about certain prospects all the time. Yeah he has good and bad things to his game, let us just wait to see how he plays in the pros.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Because comparing different players in different leagues and competition is smart... :laugh:

I love people complaining so much about certain prospects all the time. Yeah he has good and bad things to his game, let us just wait to see how he plays in the pros.
You're right, why talk about prospects until they make the NHL.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I never said that. I mean the fact that people are calling him a bust and a trash prospect in as many words over and over again.
People are calling him out for what he has been, largely disappointing. He has made zero improvements from his -1 draft season. Hasn't learned to slow the game down or play any other speed than 5th gear.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Northeastern and Davies in the national tournament Saturday at 4:30 against Michigan. Michigan has got a draft eligible defenseman slated for roughly top 10 in Quinn Hughes. Don't follow NCAA hockey broadly enough to know about other teams other than W-L and stat lines...but seems like we have the higher end offense and the better goalie.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Northeastern and Davies in the national tournament Saturday at 4:30 against Michigan. Michigan has got a draft eligible defenseman slated for roughly top 10 in Quinn Hughes. Don't follow NCAA hockey broadly enough to know about other teams other than W-L and stat lines...but seems like we have the higher end offense and the better goalie.
Are you planning on going to Worcester for the game?

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Are you planning on going to Worcester for the game?

No not too interested in flying out to Boston again after having done it like 6 weeks ago, especially to hang out in Worcester haha. I'll definitely head to St Paul though if they make the Frozen Four. That would be a great trip...Frozen Four hockey + getting loaded at Surly Brewery.

Reactions: MNDevilsfan

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
easy ride on the light rail from Surly down to the Xcel center!

I'm definitely pulling for Northeastern...would love to see Davies out here next month.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Preview of the NU v Michigan game tomorrow for those interested.

The NU Hockey Blog

Third on their scoring list is defenseman Quinn Hughes, who is projected to be a top-10 pick in the 2018 NHL Draft. Hughes has recorded 28 points (24 assists), and provides Michigan their own version of Jeremy Davies in the way he can push the offense and take over the neutral and offensive zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->