Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Don't know what to make of Studenic except god damn he is streaky, at the start of the year he had just one assist in first seven games, in December there was six game period where he had two assists, in Jan-Feb there was nine games he had just an assist and in March he went pointless for four games.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Don't know what to make of Studenic except god damn he is streaky, at the start of the year he had just one assist in first seven games, in December there was six game period where he had two assists, in Jan-Feb there was nine games he had just an assist and in March he went pointless for four games.

It's only his second year but Studenic was well under a P/G. Seems like he has multi-point games though. His line bounces from first to third to second etc., so I don't know if it's a quality of competition issue. Tonight's lines weren't posted.

62 20 28 48 +24

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Watched the Steelhead game on DVR. Everything said about Mike McLeod is true. The good the bad the ugly was all on display. In my unprofessional view he probably needs a situational awareness coach more than anything.

I thought his brother looked significantly more impressive.

And yes, I agree. He has physical tools, but his hockey sense looks worse than Wood in his rookie season. When I watch him, I seriously question his NHL potential. Not physically, but mentally. I love the speed, I love the tools, but am seriously concerned about the mind. He has time, but things don't seem to be getting better as time goes by.

Reactions: My3Sons

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
What we know is that the following 11 teams have already sealed at-large bids at least:

1. St. Cloud State
2. Notre Dame
3. Ohio State
4. Cornell
5. Denver
6. Minnesota State
7. Providence
8. Clarkson
9. Michigan
10. Northeastern
11. Penn State

The 15th and 16th slot will be taken by autobids in the WCHA and Atlantic Hockey. That means three slots are up for grabs.

15. Michigan Tech
16. Air Force

If both Princeton and BU win, then they take the 14th and 13th slot. And that would then affect another team — either Minnesota or Minnesota-Duluth.

13. BU
14. Princeton

Bracket ABCs: Championship Saturday Morning Edition

12. Minnesota-Duluth

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I thought his brother looked significantly more impressive.

And yes, I agree. He has physical tools, but his hockey sense looks worse than Wood in his rookie season. When I watch him, I seriously question his NHL potential. Not physically, but mentally. I love the speed, I love the tools, but am seriously concerned about the mind. He has time, but things don't seem to be getting better as time goes by.

I could see him looking better with better players that make it easier for him with better positioning and asking him to only be complimentary not a play driver

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
McLeod lacks hockey sense...who would have known. McLeod needs to spend 8 hours a day shooting pucks because scoring off the rush will be his only offensive niche, he won't be a PP guy.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Reilly Walsh improving his skating will go a long way turning him into a top 100 prospect. He needs to be explosive on the back end with his skillset. 4 goals and 4 assist in last 8 games was impressive.

Reactions: OmNomNom

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
McLeod lacks hockey sense...who would have known. McLeod needs to spend 8 hours a day shooting pucks because scoring off the rush will be his only offensive niche, he won't be a PP guy.

Yet Castron suggested Team Canada use him in that role at the WJC. He sees skill in him beyond just being big strong fast and taking faceoffs. You see him more than most of us but so does Castron. At this point all we can do is hope for the best which to me is PZ taking the reins as a 2C next season and McLeod eventually replacing Zajac as an up and down the lineup center.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yet Castron suggested Team Canada use him in that role at the WJC. He sees skill in him beyond just being big strong fast and taking faceoffs. You see him more than most of us but so does Castron. At this point all we can do is hope for the best which to me is PZ taking the reins as a 2C next season and McLeod eventually replacing Zajac as an up and down the lineup center.

The thing is he has the work ethic and the raw tools you like to see -- same can be said about Wood. So with guys like him, you hope that you can coach and develop him to reach his potential.

I still think McLeod is going to be a valuable part of this team, it's just about what role he ends up in. Does he play a Callahan role? Does he play a Kesler role? Or does he bottom out as a Coleman?

It's going to be interesting how he adjusts to a more structured pro game where he can't just skate around everybody.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The thing is he has the work ethic and the raw tools you like to see -- same can be said about Wood. So with guys like him, you hope that you can coach and develop him to reach his potential.

I still think McLeod is going to be a valuable part of this team, it's just about what role he ends up in. Does he play a Callahan role? Does he play a Kesler role? Or does he bottom out as a Coleman?

It's going to be interesting how he adjusts to a more structured pro game where he can't just skate around everybody.

I may take BC over Callahan now.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Mcleod's hockey sense is much better than Wood's. He's a lot more dynamic than wood as he's a very good playmaker and also is obviously a center. He'll be much more valuable than wood in the future. I don't think they are comparable players other than they both can skate very fast. Mcleod is being underrated on here for sure.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad