Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
Golbez said:
Kaspar is buried in Litvinov.
Kaspar's buried in Litvinov because he's shown neither the heart to go into battle nor the defensive capabilities that are so much a part of Czech hockey (let alone what Shark hockey would be). If you think that will change in the CHL, please give some reasons why.

~Crazed.

Golbez

Hockeycrazed07 said:
Kaspar's buried in Litvinov because he's shown neither the heart to go into battle nor the defensive capabilities that are so much a part of Czech hockey (let alone what Shark hockey would be). If you think that will change in the CHL, please give some reasons why.

~Crazed.
Kaspar is buried because Litvinov is not going to give good ice time to a 17 year old player unless that player is something special. With the exception of exceptional players (Hudler, Smid, Schwarz, Plekanec, sometimes Olesz), junior players rarely get much of a role with the club teams. These are pro teams trying to win games, they don't have time to 'teach' kids and have time for them to make mistakes.
Just think of Joe Thornton's first year with the Bruins...these kids are basically playing bit parts until they are ready.

From what my contacts have told me, Kaspar played quite differently in the pro leagues than he did amongst his peers. It's not uncommon for a junior player to play 'survival' mode in the pros, when they are in over their heads somewhat. The top junior scorer in the CEL was Jakub Klepis, with a whopping 13 points.

In the CHL, Kaspar would be given a real good role and some premium ice time (Unless he turns into a total bust ala Kovar), while playing among his peers and adapting to the North American game. Kaspar already has good raw skills, so developing in the Czech junior leagues wouldn't be as beneficial IMO as the CHL.

X-SHARKIE

Thanks Golbez..... Crazed, I was just going by ear and expierience.

I think Schwarz would benifit from getting time with Grown men, he shown he can dominate players in his own age group ( U-18's) and a great showing at the WJC's on a team that didn't play well in front of him.
I think a starting role in the Czech Extra league would be great for him, although the more I think of it.....I won't totally be baffled by him coming over.

Sharks scout says Kaspar is in a good situation over in Litnov....but when he has a chance to come over and play for the best coach in Junior, whose been known to teach players not only hockey, but also how to be a man and a complete person, he's gotta come over, Kaspar has raw skills that could make him a powerfull sniper in the NHL.
I personally am just saying this on a devolopment standpoint.

I think Kaspar would benifit from playing against players his age, and getting ice time, so he can continue to work on his skill game and physical game, as well as been monitored closely by the SHarks staff likely here in North America.
I really think getting used to the North American game, witch I think he fits the mold for well, should be best for him.
Although on the other side of the fence, Just look at what two years of extra league play for Michalek has done, he didn't put up big offensive totals.
But then he came over to SJ and had two beuty goals in the pre season, one in regular season, and put up very impressive totals in the AHL as a 18-19 year old!

I just think Kaspar would benifit better playing in the CHL while Schwarz would benifit from staying over there.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
Golbez said:
Just think of Joe Thornton's first year with the Bruins...these kids are basically playing bit parts until they are ready.
That's exactly the analogy that I was thinking of. When he was drafted, Thornton was afraid to wet his pants with the big boys, just like Kaspar did, and didn't score as a result. That grew as he played with the big boys. IMO moving down in age will cause Kaspar to lose what little momentum he gained last season, and he can't afford to move backwards, at this point. Having seen some of Kaspar's games this year, he's in the best position for him in the Czech league, and Douggie Wilson has said similar things this year.

That's not to say that there aren't plusses to bringing him over to the CHL. Obviously, SJ would have a better shot at management of him if he were in North America, and Killer is a good coach, though IMO a bit overrated as far as development goes. That said, IMO the risk outweighs the reward; Kaspar would be better-served honing his game against the adults in the Czech Republic.

~Crazed.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
TKLOOCH22 said:
Yes he is.

Does anyone have a scouting report on him, other than he's an offensively inclined defenseman from Czech? Will he be like the last offensive defender from Czech and dissappear when he gets to the CHL like Jiri Drtina? ;)

I know both well. It´s impossible to compare them each other. Kindl is much much better player. Kindl is the best offensive D among czech prospects I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad