CHL Import Draft

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Anyone know much about Bostjan Gulicic who the Hitmen took 40th overall?

Looks like he put up some quite intriguing numbers in the same league Kopitar did this year. Looks like a pure offensive kind of player. Should be fun to watch.

Another question about him, what are the chances he comes over to play?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
WOW. I wonder if he actually comes over?? He's in a great Frolunda system right now.

I'm very, very happy with this pick!! :handclap:

http://www.therecord.com/breakingnews/breakingnews_9911834.html

Mikkel Bodker plans on reporting to the Kitchener Rangers. The Danish forward, 17, was selected by the Rangers with the fifth overall pick in this morning's Canadian Hockey League import draft. Bodker's Calgary-based agent, Jarrett Bousquet, confirmed to The Record this morning that Bodker intends on playing for the Rangers next season.

"He does," Bousquet said. "He's excited. Obviously, it's a great organization with a lot of history to it. It helps that you guys host the Memorial Cup (next May) as well."
=======================

Okay, anyone who has seen him play, I need info! From what you guys have said, that scounting report on page 1 is BS.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Andre Pettersson drafted by Missisauga. Intresting if he will come over.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Looks more likely than Backlund. Potential first-rounder next summer I think if he turns out well. Maybe its a stretch, but he certainly has skill to do so.

Yes, Andre is a scorer. I don't think he's far away from Bodker or even Filatov for example.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Some intresting picks:
54-Qubec-Mikhail Stefanovich(Belarus)
56-Sault Ste. Marie-Simon Fischhaber(Germany)

One more giant: Josef Tichy(6'6/234) to Tri-City.

So far Czech vs other world 29-26.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Sure, it happens all the time. A team who already has their two import players passes on their next pick.

Exactly, teams aren't allowed to stockpile 3 or 4 Euros and than decide at camp which they'd like to keep. If you already have 2 Euros, you must outright release one of them to even make a selection.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Can anyone can confirm that Pielmeier will come over this season to NA? I have heard mixed reports.

i hope so, but i dont know. didnt he just sign with berlin??

btw. what the deal with san jose and german's?? only on the goalie side i think they have picked 3 or 4 the last 5-6 years.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
lol. Chicoutimi just drafted a fench player. 2+0 in 28 games in french div-1. is that the best league in france??

JoeLH

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Already five german players have been taken, that's ok ... Pielmeier said that he wants to play in North America in the juniors to get more experience ... his former team Cologne signed Travis Scott as starter and another youngster instead of Pielmeier as back-up because of his wish to go overseas ...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
If he comes to NA he wants to go to school I hear. The Chicago Steel have his rights int he USHL. Maybe he could do a Jan Mikael Juutilainen like development path?

yeah maybe. when i heard he wanted to come to NA this season i just assumed he meant the CHL.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Nice 5 Germans drafted that must be a new record.

Well lets see how many of them come over. Am a bit disappointed so Jerome Flaake is not going the junior route, after his great performances as underage player at the World U18 Championship.

I understand why so many goalies are drafted, compared to other positions, especially forwards they have almost no chance of getting proper playing time in their country. Additionally European goalies have been more have been very successful in NA. The Goalie position easily is the position with the highest percentage of none NA players in the NHL.
Pretty sure Pielmeier will come over, as it is the smartest career choice even if he may not make the NHL and return to Germany.

Last edited:

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
lol. Chicoutimi just drafted a french player. 2+0 in 28 games in french div-1. is that the best league in france??

No, it's French 2nd level.
Montpellier doesn't have one of the better team at this level, they finished 7th in the second leg. But they're improving a lot these times... One of the best structured team and a lot of young players coming.
At this level, youngsters still don't have a lot of playing time, all the teams are playing with 2 lines most of the time, especially imports.
But don't forget Chicoutimi had some success with Antoine Roussel this season, another French. I guess that's why they picked Germain Raimbourg.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Moncton passes. You can DO that?! :biglaugh:
Actually the Wildcats didn't pass they traded up from the 45th pick (aquired from Cape Breton in the Bartulis trade) to get Rouyn-Noranda's 27th pick for a 5th round pick in 2008 Midget draft.
So the Huskies passed.
Moncton took two members of the Slovakian U-18 team both '89s
RW Adam Bezak and Defenceman Martin Baca.
Hopefully they both are fantastic players and the Wildcats can pass on next years draft.

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
Can anyone tell me what Tri-City traded for Vancouver Giants first rounder (mid 50s). I remember looking at this thread before and the Giants still had it, just wondering what they got in return?

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
Can anyone tell me what Tri-City traded for Vancouver Giants first rounder (mid 50s). I remember looking at this thread before and the Giants still had it, just wondering what they got in return?

EDIT: nvm we got Juraj Valach, D

Sounds like a bit of a headcase though: http://whl.ca/news/?id=7174

“He notified us two days before the draft, stating that he did not enjoy his time or the environment in Tri-Cities and blamed the team for him not being drafted in last week’s NHL Entry Draft.â€

mikael99

Feb 14, 2007
A local site in Denmark, inteviewed his brother, who is also a player.. and he mentioned that Bødker had indeed signed with the club in OHL.. so it is a done deal GL :handclap:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
A local site in Denmark, inteviewed his brother, who is also a player.. and he mentioned that Bødker had indeed signed with the club in OHL.. so it is a done deal GL :handclap:

Confirmed! :handclap:
http://www.therecord.com/home_page_sports_story/home_page_sports_story_1085748.html

Bodker arrives in K-town Monday.

He'll visit the Aud, where the Rangers will host the Memorial Cup tournament next May.

The 5-foot-11, 180-pound teen will meet a billet family.

He'll shake hands with his Rangers staffers, including head coach and general manager Peter DeBoer.

Bodker said he'll happily sign up for the 2007-08 Ontario Hockey League season in Kitchener in a bid to boost his standing for the 2008 NHL entry draft.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Does anyone know if stefanovich plans on actually coming to play in Quebec? Thatd be a treat I would think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->