CHL import draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
ooo I like him already he should fit in with Brandon's nasty team if he does come over.

What do you think the chances are of him coming over for a year?

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
The PEI pick is rated 11th among Russian prospects. Go on Google and write his name. You will see the Russian prospects site. Seems like he is an above average skater and very skilled. They will need that!

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Joe Hallenback said:
ooo I like him already he should fit in with Brandon's nasty team if he does come over.

What do you think the chances are of him coming over for a year?

Seeing his twin brother being 100% sure to go to Cougars, I think he'll go over with him.
I like John more than Fred. ;)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Awesome I look forward to seeing him play. Brandon needs some forwards so lets hope he can score a little

MattScott

Anyone know much of the Vancouver Giants two picks? Mario Bliznak who is an 05 eligible Slovak who McKeen's says is "a solid workhorse and team player" and 16 year old (07 eligible) Czech Michal Repik who it seems did very well in the Czech Extraliga U20 as a youngster last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
hossy316 said:
Anyone know anything on this kid? The Rocket website say that he is a projected 1st round pick in the next NHL entry draft.

Russian prospects has him listed as a possible 4th or 5th round pick. Scouting report reads he's a great setup guy but very soft. I haven't seen him play but it would seem unlikely that he'd be a 1st rounder since this isn't a very strong draft class for Russia and there's a number of other Russians in front of him.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Vikke said:
Now both of the Wikner twins are drafted.

Six Swedes so far, new record. :D

Nice :) Hey, maybe we'll end up with 7 or 8, it's still about 15 picks to go.

Kmaz

Jun 7, 2005
Surrey, BC
Is there any chance Edler will be picked? From what I've read, he'll have a hard time getting into MODO's lineup next season.It may be in his interest to come over if he's picked.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Fredrik Pettersson! :amazed:

I thought he'd be a player that would stay in Sweden for sure..

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The picks are always surprising. Keep in mind many, many, of these players won't ever go to the CHL. No Alexander Edler yet.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Finally, Edler gets picked. Last in the first round, maybe because he's unsure whether if he wants to come over or not?

In any case, this brings the total of swedes up to 8. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a fundemental shift where swedes in the future will be much more likely to go over to both the CHL but also early to play in the AHL.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Techbert said:
I see Hansen was picked. Any Vancouver insights about him crossing the pond?

No clue, honestly. Sometime this week I'll make some inquiries to the two CHL teams and inquire what their plans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad