CHL Awards Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
patty said:
Can anyone please tell me how Phaneuf does not win the top D Man????

I'm guessing the -3 in the playoffs vs +19 for Syvret (and the regular season spread was even worse).

Of course Phaneuf is likely the top defensemen in the CHL and a top NHL prospect but these awards often go to players on more successful teams. Is Perry better than Jeff Carter? No, but he wins the OHL MVP because of numbers and success.

Tom

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
thomasincanada said:
I'm guessing the -3 in the playoffs vs +19 for Syvret (and the regular season spread was even worse).

Of course Phaneuf is likely the top defensemen in the CHL and a top NHL prospect but these awards often go to players on more successful teams. Is Perry better than Jeff Carter? No, but he wins the OHL MVP because of numbers and success.

Tom

And their teams had NOTHING to do with that.

Schremp was also a plus player. I guess he's a defensive dynamo.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I don't think he saying that their teams didn't factor or even that it's right
just that it's the way it is.
You guys got a coach for next year yet?

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
La-La-Laprise said:
And their teams had NOTHING to do with that.

Schremp was also a plus player. I guess he's a defensive dynamo.

Of course their teams had a lot to do with it, but players on successful teams tend to get more awards. I'm not saying it's necessarily fair but that's the way things sometimes are.

Syvret had the best +/- on the Knights - certainly that has to count for something. If it were just because of the team he was on, others would have just as good numbers but no one did and only Perry was even that close to Danny.

Tom

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
thomasincanada said:
Of course their teams had a lot to do with it, but players on successful teams tend to get more awards. I'm not saying it's necessarily fair but that's the way things sometimes are.

Syvret had the best +/- on the Knights - certainly that has to count for something. If it were just because of the team he was on, others would have just as good numbers but no one did and only Perry was even that close to Danny.

Tom

Thats true. Good players on great teams get the awards, thats how it works. But i dont think they looked at the plus/minus. It is just that Syvret had a coming out party type of year.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
thomasincanada said:
Tom
Read my post above yours ,I said the same thing and posted at the same time. :amazed:

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Syvret had a great year on a great team, and that plus 70 is always hard to ignore.

This isn't a slight towards Phaneuf at all, Danny had a great year.

Sammy*

patty said:
Because Syvret plays in the OHL?
Geez, I didnt realize the best D in the OHL automatically wins it for the CHL.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad