Chistov

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
SportBoy said:
How come Chistov decided to play in Russia this year? What king of season does he has? Will he play NHL next year?

Kind of a mutual decision. His entry contract was up. He was done with the AHL, did not want to sign a 2 way contract. The Ducks couldn't guarantee him a top 6 forward spot so they did not want to give him a 1 way contract as he would be out of place on a third or fourth line.

He has been pretty good so far in Russia, last I heard he was playing on a line with Malkin which definetly helps.

In 41 games with Magnitogorsk Metallurg he has 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points with 87 pims.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Ducks second line left wing spot right now. He would be a good fit with Marchant and Lupul. Oh well...

As far next season...well Burke said he had not given up on Stan Chistov this past summer, in contrast to Alexei Smirnov who the organization cut ties with. Burke will make a decision on Chistov sometime soon. Chistov's rights may be thrown into a trade at the deadline, or his rights may be traded at the draft for an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick...or the Ducks will sign him to a 1 year 1 way contract for 06-07 hoping he will have his breakthrough season. I hope it's the 3rd choice as I haven't given up on Chistov either.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
I really he hope he heads back to the NHL.

I refuse to boot him off of my fantasy keeper team...probably a dumb move but I'm still wearing rose colored glasses since that 3 or 4 point performance he had in his first NHL game...lol. :cry:

October 10, 2002

Ducks Defeat St Louis 4-3 In Season Opener

ST. LOUIS (TICKER) -- After acquiring several proven veterans to help generate offense, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim received a boost from a pair of rookies.

Russians Alexei Smirnov and Stanislav Chistov combined for two goals and three assists and Andy McDonald added a goal and three assists as the Mighty Ducks posted a 4-3 victory over the St. Louis Blues in the season opener for both clubs.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think Pittsburgh will deal for his rights sometime to help neogiations with Malkin and allow him to play with someone that he already has chemistry with. For whom he gets traded, I do not know. I'm guessing Ryan Malone.

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
I've watched him play a number of games for Magnitagorsk this year and he could easily come back and play at a very high level in the NHL.

No he'll never be a superstar but he is definetly a really talented skilled second line winger and i think he would be better off in Pittsburg with Malkin next year because the two of them really do play well together

Spankatola Jamnuts*

CNote said:
I really he hope he heads back to the NHL.

I refuse to boot him off of my fantasy keeper team...probably a dumb move but I'm still wearing rose colored glasses since that 3 or 4 point performance he had in his first NHL game...lol. :cry:

October 10, 2002

Ducks Defeat St Louis 4-3 In Season Opener

ST. LOUIS (TICKER) -- After acquiring several proven veterans to help generate offense, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim received a boost from a pair of rookies.

Russians Alexei Smirnov and Stanislav Chistov combined for two goals and three assists and Andy McDonald added a goal and three assists as the Mighty Ducks posted a 4-3 victory over the St. Louis Blues in the season opener for both clubs.
The Mac and Cheese line. Ah, nostalgia.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I think Pittsburgh will deal for his rights sometime to help neogiations with Malkin and allow him to play with someone that he already has chemistry with. For whom he gets traded, I do not know. I'm guessing Ryan Malone.

Sounds like a reasonable trade to me.

Crosby with Kessel on the first line. (assuming St. Louis gets the first pick and takes the d-man Johnson to be their new Pronger, and Pitt gets the 2nd pick and takes Kessel)
Malkin with Chistov on the second line.

They would be a scary offensive team if they all reach their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->