Chistov Potentiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I expect him to have one of the biggest comeback in the NHL next season. Starting in the AHL, he will be ready in time when the next NHL season will start. My only positiveness comes from his performances during the playoffs. Anaheim will need him and he will need Federov. ;-)

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Champ said:
I just want to know yout opinion about chistov potentiel i know he have a wrost season last years but do you think is got the potentiel to do 60 points a first-liner?

thanks!

He definatly has the potential, i dont know if he wants it enough though. Or if he can fight past the size issue.

If he can, i think 60 points is a low figure. 75-80 points is more likely if he reaches his potential.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Chistov has the potential to be among the leagues elite players in the very near future... But I think in his case it is rather going to come along quickly (I.E. 2 year window) or not at all.. As some one else has mentioned, Chistov... if he hits his potential, is an 80 point plus player... It may take a trade to get him going (Like Briere)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Chistov is not and will not be an elite player. Chistov = Slava Kozlov best case scenario

Spankatola Jamnuts*

Chistov's biggest problem right now is his shot. He doesn't know when to shoot, can't seem to recognize when he's in good position to shoot, he has poor shot selection, and his favorite shot, the wrister, is not much of a weapon.

His problem isn't desire or even size.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
JimEIV said:
Chistov is not and will not be an elite player. Chistov = Slava Kozlov best case scenario

bs man

he will at least be another Samsonov if you ever actually take the time to see him play.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
During the Stanley Cup playoffs two years ago, he impressed me a lot with is speed and creativity even if is play time was about 10 min a game.

Sammy*

McDonald19 said:
bs man

he will at least be another Samsonov if you ever actually take the time to see him play.
He may have that potential but he sure has a veeeerrrry loooong way to go to become anything that even resembles Sammy.
I think you are a bit overcofident in your apparent certainty that he will.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
McDonald19 said:
bs man

Chistov has a long way to go before being compared to Samsonov..if you ever actually take the time to see Sergei play.

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
Like I said, Chistov is a poor man's Marian Hossa. I've watched this kid. He can shoot. Often times he's just not in a good position to shoot. I don't think his shot selection is poor, his wrister is as good as it gets. As being said, he just doesn't know where's a good place to shoot. He's also gritty and will work down low and his puck handling is superb, I remember seeing him do a 360 on a Minnesota defender in the 03 WCFs. If Chistov can work on his position to shoot, I see him getting 40-50 points as a 2nd liner and his points will rise over the next few years.

Sammy*

S.S. Giggy said:
Like I said, Chistov is a poor man's Marian Hossa. I've watched this kid. He can shoot. Often times he's just not in a good position to shoot. I don't think his shot selection is poor, his wrister is as good as it gets. As being said, he just doesn't know where's a good place to shoot. He's also gritty and will work down low and his puck handling is superb, I remember seeing him do a 360 on a Minnesota defender in the 03 WCFs. If Chistov can work on his position to shoot, I see him getting 40-50 points as a 2nd liner and his points will rise over the next few years.
With respect, Hossa is a terrible comparison. While his skill level may at some point prove out to be similar, imo their style never will. Hoss's imo is a power forward with a ton of skill (yes, I know he doesnt fight & really isnt a banger, neither were guys like Leclair), Chistov if he ever does anything will be kind of a dangler.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
S.S. Giggy said:

Umm No. Chistov gritty? Did you watch the cup finals 2 years ago when Chistov didn't take that hit to make the play and he ended up turning the puck over to the Devils forward who scored and went on to an easy victory?

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Frolov said:
Umm No. Chistov gritty? Did you watch the cup finals 2 years ago when Chistov didn't take that hit to make the play and he ended up turning the puck over to the Devils forward who scored and went on to an easy victory?

did you see that play where he skated off the ice. Hes always like that, skating off the ice. What a horrible trait for a player.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Frolov said:
Chistov has a long way to go before being compared to Samsonov..if you ever actually take the time to see Sergei play.
:bonk: Samsonov and Chistov play virtually the same style of hockey. Obviously Samsonov is better at this point I'm not debating that. But there style of skating/stick handling is very alike.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Sammy said:
He may have that potential but he sure has a veeeerrrry loooong way to go to become anything that even resembles Sammy.
I think you are a bit overcofident in your apparent certainty that he will.

well I'm saying he plays the same style and has actually more unique offensive talent than Samsonov.

He has to keep progressing to get to the point of being as good as Samsonov but I believe it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad