Chipchura

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Where is he gonna go?

I've seen anywhere from 12th to 22nd.

What do you think?

14th to Edmonton? 17th to St.L? 18 to the Habs?

What's your thought?

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
I would put my money on:

With the 18th overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens, le club de hockey Canadien, is proud to select, est fier de selectionner, from Prince Albert, Kyle Chipchura.

Mat0109

May 24, 2004
Montreal
I don't think so. They have a lot of young center. Bulis (under 30), Higgins, Perezoghin, Ribeiro, Koivu (only 31-32) and Hossa! They need a RW. Tukonen is the best available but I don't think the Habs will trade a good player to got the 3rd pick available. But, maybe Chipchura will be pick and with their 2nd round, they'll pick Adam Pineault :banana:

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
Mat0109 said:
I don't think so. They have a lot of young center. Bulis (under 30), Higgins, Perezoghin, Ribeiro, Koivu (only 31-32) and Hossa! They need a RW. Tukonen is the best available but I don't think the Habs will trade a good player to got the 3rd pick available. But, maybe Chipchura will be pick and with their 2nd round, they'll pick Adam Pineault :banana:
Which current Habs' center or prospect has a similar game to Chipchura? None. Which current Habs' player can match the upside of Chipchura? None.
What kind of player do the Habs needed the most, if they want to reach the second round? Chipchura's type players.

Also, Bulis, Perezhogin, and Hossa are winger...

That leaves Koivu, Ribeiro, and Higgins...

Darcy Wakaluk

Apr 30, 2004
Koivu, Ribeiro, Higgins and Plekanec are all under 6'.

Cory Urquhart is 6'3", but seems to shy away from any contact.

Despite the depth that Montreal seems to have at centre, they could definately use a player like Chipchura. I'd be surprised if he falls that far, but would be ecstatic if we land him.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
I agree Chipchura would be a good fit for Montreal but I think they might have to move ahead of Nashville and the Islanders to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad