OT: Children's Hockey in Mississauga / GTA

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I was referring to house league level. I played house league at 8, not a lot of competition.

Go watch a few MHL HL red games,you would be surprised how good the players are.There is red,white,blue and green levels to make the competition fair.

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
it is,minor peewee"AA".I sometimes feel bad for my brother and his son,so many games.The west finals went 7 games.I think these kids play too many games.Between regular season,four or five tournaments and play-offs they probably play 80 games a year,plus two or three practices a week.it's a full time job.

So he's a Jet ;)
They usually have very competitive teams.
My son is going into his Minor Midget year in AAA, so I know what it's like.
IMHO if the kid loves to play and wants to play at whatever level he can compete at, that I as a parent will support that.
There are many life lessons to be learned through hockey and friends to be made...and it keeps them out of trouble when they get older ;)

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
Go watch a few MHL HL red games,you would be surprised how good the players are.There is red,white,blue and green levels to make the competition fair.

Correct 'Red' can be quite competitive, but pickincherries family member would probably end up in 'Green' with kids of the same age and and similar skills and ability.
That's the great thing about the MHL, is the fact that it is a real league with different organizations and a lot of kids in it, so that it can be tiered in such a fashion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad