Projected Defense Pairings

GaWjABS.png

Projected Goalies

Mjsw4Cj.jpg

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Mod wanna sticky this and lock it up? I won't be able to do it at midnight like the great CMS, and someone else may steal my thunder before the morning, when I can post it.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A game day thread a whole day before game day? That's the out of the box thinking I love! Someone promote this man to global moderator at once!

Also, mods should just leave it open. I've seen other fanbases on HF allow it this early before. It's not hurting anything and we need to get a fresh start from what that last GDT has become.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Chicago Blackhawks vs Dallas Stars - 11/30/17 - 7:30pm

nVzk07Q.jpg

Projected Forward Lines

nEbCTVq.png
TNLH9O5.png
TfboSWE.png

dvAoYvg.png
vAcDOOX.png
oKV0tB0.png

lQwKrnS.png
j4uys8x.png
oeivDW1.png

EdwB87d.png
2SLUySp.png
2IUDCnq.png

KCdFYF8.png
jIExe9J.png

Va2f1tY.png
0dXttxG.png

xONs9pW.png
Ph6hzp6.jpg

Goalies

E9ysSFl.png
5cW2s0J.png

HUrcXHj.jpg

Projected Forward Lines
nO6WwIV.png
ztjET7a.png

wtmAWmB.png

GaWjABS.png

Projected Goalies

Mjsw4Cj.jpg

oh man, that d-men pictures of all the d-man.... is beyond great. this is right up there with the best post of the yr.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Would really like to see Hayden moved up to the first line and Panik dropped down. Panik is doing nothing, Hayden might play harder then any player on the team and has some finish to his game. Panik’s slump is turning into more than a slump, would like to see Hayden get those minutes I think he deserves them with his play.

Reactions: migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Would really like to see Hayden moved up to the first line and Panik dropped down. Panik is doing nothing, Hayden might play harder then any player on the team and has some finish to his game. Panik’s slump is turning into more than a slump, would like to see Hayden get those minutes I think he deserves them with his play.
for discussion purpose, why Hayden.... he hasn't prove his salary yet. i think Schm to line 1 panik and hayden to line 3, sharp to line 4.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
for discussion purpose, why Hayden.... he hasn't prove his salary yet. i think Schm to line 1 panik and hayden to line 3, sharp to line 4.
Who cares what his salary is, he played some on the top line last year. He looks to me like he would be a better fit then Schmaltz, who has been playing left wing on the Kane line while Hayden has been playing right wing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Who cares what his salary is, he played some on the top line last year. He looks to me like he would be a better fit then Schmaltz, who has been playing left wing on the Kane line while Hayden has been playing right wing.
what i am referring to is while cat is scoring on limited time and has shown that he deserves to be promoted. the same thing goes for Schm, he could go to line 1. if hayden was scoring like cat or even schm, the yeah move him up, if not i like him at line 3 with panik and hartman.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
what i am referring to is while cat is scoring on limited time and has shown that he deserves to be promoted. the same thing goes for Schm, he could go to line 1. if hayden was scoring like cat or even schm, the yeah move him up, if not i like him at line 3 with panik and hartman.
How is Hayden going to score like Cat or Schmaltz when he is playing with Wingels and Bouma and getting 4th line minutes?

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
Why the title of this thread about goaltending? Is not Bishop starting tomorrow? He is as good in my book as Crawford based on 2015 series, recent few months struggles aside.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why the title of this thread about goaltending? Is not Bishop starting tomorrow? He is as good in my book as Crawford based on 2015 series, recent few months struggles aside.

Because Dallas acquired Bishop to resolve their goaltending issues. And goaltending is still their issue like it has been forever. Bishop has been average this season with a .912 and 2.62, and lehtonen has been garbage at .897 and 2.89. Their combined stats are .909 and 2.68...

And Bishop is not as good as Crawford imo.

Reactions: Krivo25

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Current career stats have Bishop at .918 and Crawford at .919. That's pretty damned close. Either way you're getting top-10 goalies on the career.

Season-wise Bishop and Crawford each have 20 games, Crawford is a .933 while Bishop is a .912, and the key fact is Bishop has seen 559 shots vs. Crawford's 625...in fact Dallas is sitting on 29.5 SA/GP while Chicago is at 34.0.

I think it's safe to say this year Bishop isn't as-good as Crawford has been...Dallas's team D has been suppressing shots well, while Chicago's team D is the medial-waste dumpster fire we all predicted it would be this season.

Reactions: RayP

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Current career stats have Bishop at .918 and Crawford at .919. That's pretty damned close. Either way you're getting top-10 goalies on the career.

Season-wise Bishop and Crawford each have 20 games, Crawford is a .933 while Bishop is a .912, and the key fact is Bishop has seen 559 shots vs. Crawford's 625...in fact Dallas is sitting on 29.5 SA/GP while Chicago is at 34.0.

I think it's safe to say this year Bishop isn't as-good as Crawford has been...Dallas's team D has been suppressing shots well, while Chicago's team D is the medial-waste dumpster fire we all predicted it would be this season.

Yeah, I agree their career numbers are very similar, and they're both very good goalies, but still give crow the edge. But I was simply saying Bishop hasnt been good this season and neither has Lehtonen, so what has plagued Dallas continues to plague Dallas despite their move to try and fix it. To explain the thread title.

I also don't think the Hawks team D has been nearly as bad as you just made it out to be. Especially the last 7-10 games.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Yeah, I agree their career numbers are very similar, and they're both very good goalies, but still give crow the edge. But I was simply saying Bishop hasnt been good this season and neither has Lehtonen, so what has plagued Dallas continues to plague Dallas despite their move to try and fix it. To explain the thread title.

I also don't think the Hawks team D has been nearly as bad as you just made it out to be. Especially the last 7-10 games.
1st off...was Lehtonen ever good? :sarcasm:

The shot suppression as it stands now is some of the worst in the past 50 years: like only 69, 79, 86, 77, and 88 were worse...The season is young and it can get better but right now we're like 4th worst in the league.

Further, the last 8 games were like 31, 29, 38, 38, 36, 28, 38, 38 SA. Last 2 games were good...and another good one in there. The rest were bad. Be it possession, turnovers, being hemmed in, failure to hem the opposition in., failure to force turnovers, and/or just be it one-and-done, the shots against has to start going down because expecting a .930 or better clip from out goalies just to keep the GAA down is untenable.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bishop isn't as good as Crawford. They were pretty close a couple of years ago, but Crawford has held steady, while Bishop has faltered.

Last 3 years

Bishop:
926sv%
911sv%/900sv%
912sv%

Crawford:
924sv%
918sv%
933sv%

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

The shot suppression as it stands now is some of the worst in the past 50 years: like only 69, 79, 86, 77, and 88 were worse...The season is young and it can get better but right now we're like 4th worst in the league.

Further, the last 8 games were like 31, 29, 38, 38, 36, 28, 38, 38 SA. Last 2 games were good...and another good one in there. The rest were bad. Be it possession, turnovers, being hemmed in, failure to hem the opposition in., failure to force turnovers, and/or just be it one-and-done, the shots against has to start going down because expecting a .930 or better clip from out goalies just to keep the GAA down is untenable.
Since the beginning of November, they are 7th best in shots against, and 4th best in shots for (5 on 5) which puts them 2nd in shot attempts total since the beginning of November. The team is getting better by my eyes, and the stats.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Purely using shots against is a bad strategy imo. Too many variables to consider. A team could have 40 shots and 6 of them are from high danger areas. All you see is 40 shots. Which is why I won't put a ton of weight on that particular number.
Hawkaholic touched on the stats for me to back up my eye test. Like I said, the last 7-10 games, at least, have been good.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad