Confirmed with Link: Chicago trades Niklas Hjalmarsson for Connor Murphy, Laurent Dauphin

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This

Chayka has to have a plan. He dropped 2 RHD, unless he thinks Wood is ready, he's going to go get another RHD, hopefully one that can be paired with Gogo.

Goligoski can shift to the right, as well. Give us options. We just need a legitimate 2nd pairing guy and not someone who can play on the second line in a pinch like Schenn.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hjalmerson not happy at least on the one tweet he says after receiving another tweet "This cheered me up"
I know many players wouldn't like coming here and I know they are professional.
I hope if he's that unhappy he can get his agent to get out of it or go to the KHL or something.
Its important to me as a fan that players want to be here but I guess I understand why they wouldn't.

He had a NTC. He allowed the trade.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I love getting Hjalmarsson - Hjarmy for short. Can't spell it right again.

I wish we didn't lose Murphy - I thought he has gotten better. Looked good in the worlds. Would be interested to see how he played this year if he was here.

But adding a top D who can play with OEL is worth it. Interested who will play in the #6 spot. Love both trades this weekend

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He had a NTC. He allowed the trade.

Not exactly true. His NTC is a modified one. He had to submit a list of teams Chicago can trade him to. Now I haven't done some research whether the Coyotes were on his list or not but if they were, the Blackhawks didn't need to ask him.

There is a much greater chance of Murphy becoming the next Schenn than the next Hjalmarsson.

We're talking about a 24yo with tons of room to grow. What if not? Will you just jump on board of those who are making it very easy by saying that if he does, he couldn't have achieved it in Arizona? :laugh:

Any chance Detroit would be willing to part with Mike Green

They should. You never know with Holland though:laugh:
Green would be quite a risk though. Not known as very solid and played some terrible seasons already. His last season was brilliant and his best one in years. Has bust potential but won't come cheap as of now and will likely also look for another big contract.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I love getting Hjalmarsson - Hjarmy for short. Can't spell it right again.

I wish we didn't lose Murphy - I thought he has gotten better. Looked good in the worlds. Would be interested to see how he played this year if he was here.

But adding a top D who can play with OEL is worth it. Interested who will play in the #6 spot. Love both trades this weekend

Untrue, he just looked a little better. He's just not anything but a #6/7 shooting to be a #5. The 'eye' test is the same as his advanced stats which aren't good and a lot of us were hoping he was going to take the next step last year and he didn't. Plus, we shouldn't be paying 3rd pairing guys anything over $2m and he's getting paid $3.85M

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thoughts on bringing back Stone as the RD?

No way Calgary can afford him now that they brought in Hamonic.

OEL - Hammer
Goligoski - Stone (did they play together last yr?)
Chychrun - Schenn/Wood?

Or is Stone part of the #ThePurge?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Absolutely. Dude can't hit the net for **** either, why is he an answer at all?

I wouldn't turn to the trash heap yet for a RW or a RD. There's still trades to be made. Money to spend.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

OEL - Hammer
Chychrun - Schenn/Wood?

Mosby, are you drunk?:) Time to move on. I kind of liked Stone, much more than Murphy, but both had stalled in their development.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stone is a #6/7, shouldn't be used on the 2nd pairing.

We need a legitimate 2nd pairing guy...not a guy who we have to move up.

We played too many guys above their skill grade last year. C'mon, we had Schenn playing 1st pair with OEL for a lot of time, and Murphy with OEL for a lot of games. And a lot of games we had both Murphy paired with OEL and Schenn paired with Gogo.

Just go out and get us a damn 2nd pair guy who plays 2nd pair or better.

OEL/Hammer
Gogo/ ?
Chychrun/Schenn
KConn

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not exactly true. His NTC is a modified one. He had to submit a list of teams Chicago can trade him to. Now I haven't done some research whether the Coyotes were on his list or not but if they were, the Blackhawks didn't need to ask him.
Which is completley and utterly beside the point. If we were on his list it's the same thing. You're attempting to paint a picture of a guy wallowing in misery, inconsolably crestfallen at having been sent to this hell on earth. Either they asked and he said yes or he included us on a list of acceptable teams. Either way, it's directly contrary to your creative representation of this situation.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Niklas Hjalmarsson, acquired Friday in a trade with the Blackhawks, immediately upgrades Arizona’s blue line, giving it a legit top pairing by uniting Hjalmarsson with Oliver Ekman-Larsson. And although Hjamlarsson was shocked by the news he’d been traded by the Blackhawks – the team he’d spent his entire NHL career with – he’s looking forward to a new challenge with the Coyotes.

"It was a lot of mixed emotions in the beginning there, the first 24 hours," Hjalmarsson said. "But at the same time, I'm excited for the new opportunity and being part of kind of a rebuild in Arizona with a lot of new faces and a lot of young and promising players. So I'm excited."

Hjalmarsson, 30, wanted to finish out his five-year, $20.5 million deal in Chicago since he signed long-term to stay there, but his contract did include a modified no-trade clause. He knew his name had popped up in trade rumors, and once the Blackhawks asked for a list of 10 teams he’d accept a trade to, it sunk in he probably wouldn't be suiting up for Chicago anymore.

“It’s going to take some time to get used to that thought,” said Hjalmarsson, who is under contract for two more years. “At the same time, I’m trying to always be a positive guy.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...e-but-excited-join-arizona-coyotes/426507001/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Which is completley and utterly beside the point. If we were on his list it's the same thing. You're attempting to paint a picture of a guy wallowing in misery, inconsolably crestfallen at having been sent to this hell on earth. Either they asked and he said yes or he included us on a list of acceptable teams. Either way, it's directly contrary to your creative representation of this situation.

Sorry what? I have no clue what Hjalmarsson might be thinking now. All I wrote is that his NMC was a modified one and therefore the Blackhawks might not asked him before trading him to Arizona. That's just about what I wrote. It was you who made up the rest. It's not often that you can decide where to go in the NHL. Not a big deal.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

OEL - Hammer
Chychrun - Schenn/Wood?

I'd like Stone back. Arizona needs at least 2 or 3 more guys who can do some damage. Throw some hits, fight if necessary. For now, Schenn is all alone in that regard. The Coyotes are a very sweet and soft team.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il

What the hell are you talking about??? If Arizona was on the approved list (or not on the blocked list), then he obviously didn't have a problem playing here.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What the hell are you talking about??? If Arizona was on the approved list (or not on the blocked list), then he obviously didn't have a problem playing here.

Right. That's exactly what I was saying...

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
Not exactly true. His NTC is a modified one. He had to submit a list of teams Chicago can trade him to. Now I haven't done some research whether the Coyotes were on his list or not but if they were, the Blackhawks didn't need to ask

I guess I didn't comprehend your response then, could you please clarify?

Blackhawks ask for a list of teams, Az is on the list of acceptable teams, you think that the Az situation didn't make the top of the list of nos if our situation was a problem for him?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

It's possible for a player to have a team on his list and still not be happy about a trade you know. Chicago is a perennial contender where he has had a ton of success. Why would he genuinely want to come to AZ over that? It's more like making the best of a bad cap dump situation.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
It's possible for a player to have a team on his list and still not be happy about a trade you know. Chicago is a perennial contender where he has had a ton of success. Why would he genuinely want to come to AZ over that? It's more like making the best of a bad cap dump situation.

Not uncommon for players to list bottom feeders as well if they don't think they will move assets to trade for you

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No, you can put me on record as not caring in any way how well Murphy does in the future. He's no longer our player and I don't care about the Blackhawks. However today and in the near future the Coyotes are a better team than they were with Murphy. No idea how so many of our players are great and we are trending way up as we finish bottom of the standings every year???

We're talking about a 24yo with tons of room to grow. What if not? Will you just jump on board of those who are making it very easy by saying that if he does, he couldn't have achieved it in Arizona? :laugh:

They should. You never know with Holland though:laugh:
Green would be quite a risk though. Not known as very solid and played some terrible seasons already. His last season was brilliant and his best one in years. Has bust potential but won't come cheap as of now and will likely also look for another big contract.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I guess I didn't comprehend your response then, could you please clarify?

Blackhawks ask for a list of teams, Az is on the list of acceptable teams, you think that the Az situation didn't make the top of the list of nos if our situation was a problem for him?

I agree. All I wrote is that his ntc is modified and therefore, Chicago probably didn't ask him before the trade. Which isn't uncommon by any means. I can understand him if he's unhappy but I didn't write that he is. I don't know. If he is indeed upset then I agree with others that it probably has little to do with Arizona but mainly with having to leave Chicago.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
I agree. All I wrote is that his ntc is modified and therefore, Chicago probably didn't ask him before the trade. Which isn't uncommon by any means. I can understand him if he's unhappy but I didn't write that he is. I don't know. If he is indeed upset then I agree with others that it probably has little to do with Arizona but mainly with having to leave Chicago.

That makes more sense, and would be understandable. Thanks for clarifying and sorry if I was rude

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
Untrue, he just looked a little better. He's just not anything but a #6/7 shooting to be a #5. The 'eye' test is the same as his advanced stats which aren't good and a lot of us were hoping he was going to take the next step last year and he didn't. Plus, we shouldn't be paying 3rd pairing guys anything over $2m and he's getting paid $3.85M

Agreed, Connor wasn't going anywhere. He was one of those wishful thinking prospects. We kept waiting for him to turn into this amazing player and it wasn't happening. We didn't lose anything on that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->