Chiarelli Should Be Forced To Choose Between POHO or GM If He Stays

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
You said outscoring.

Scoring is both points and assists.

You got caught being intentionally dishonest.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If Taylor Hall wins the MVP this year and walks up to accept his trophy followed by a great speech, I fully expect Chiarelli to be canned right after. In this case go Hall !

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You said outscoring.

Scoring is both points and assists.

You got caught being intentionally dishonest.

Scoring is pretty commonly used as shorthand for 'goal-scoring' in hockey discussions, just saying. It's also very confusing, because yes, the Art Ross is often called the 'scoring race'. Blame bad nomenclature I guess.

Reactions: PGW

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Lucic: 34 points
Pitlick: 26 points

Stop lying.
Lucic makes 6X what Pitlick does and only has 8 more points despite receiving gravy minutes with McDavid and on the 1st PP unit.

Here are some other (5v5) metrics:
Lucic: 1.41 P/60
Pitlick: 1.60 P/60

Lucic: 14 Primary Points (0.79 P1/60)
Pitlick: 18 Primary Points (1.20 P1/60)

Even disregarding the caphits I'd rather have Pitlick. He comes with the added bonus of the play not dying on his stick every time he gets the puck.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I was thinking he should have to choose between death by firing squad or death by Kawabunga.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Lucic makes 6X what Pitlick does and only has 8 more points despite receiving gravy minutes with McDavid and on the 1st PP unit.

Here are some other (5v5) metrics:
Lucic: 1.41 P/60
Pitlick: 1.60 P/60

Lucic: 14 Primary Points (0.79 P1/60)
Pitlick: 18 Primary Points (1.20 P1/60)

Even disregarding the caphits I'd rather have Pitlick. He comes with the added bonus of the play not dying on his stick every time he gets the puck.

And the added risk of exploding every time he's hit.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn't sign them from signing Klefbom.

Lucic has been an active detriment to the team this year.

Klefbom has contributed to this team in his time here.

Lucic has contributed here, and has admittedly had a bad year.

Pitlick contributed nothing here. He was too busy getting bandaged.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Pitlick and his agent didn't want to re-sign here plain and simple. They told the Oilers they were going to go to free agency

really wish they could have kept him though. He's a nice player when he's in the lineup

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Chia should be forced to choose between being fired into the sun by cannon or giant sling-shot. That is all.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Yup, that's a pretty good comparable. A 2nd pairing guy who can spot into the top pairing if necessary, plays physical, is above average defensively, and gives full effort every shift. That's the type of player every team would drool over acquiring... at the price of a 2nd and 4th round pick. Not for Taylor freaking Hall.

Im sorry what was Taylor Hall here.....what did he accomplish.......and what if I told you he asked to be traded.........no team in there right f***ing mind would trade Larson a 4th overall draft pick for a 2nd and a 4th....stop comparing trades today to ones that happened in March of 1999....

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Im sorry what was Taylor Hall here.....what did he accomplish.......and what if I told you he asked to be traded.........no team in there right ****ing mind would trade Larson a 4th overall draft pick for a 2nd and a 4th....stop comparing trades today to ones that happened in March of 1999....
Jason Demers was traded for a 4th liner last summer and he's a better player than Larsson.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Im sorry what was Taylor Hall here.....what did he accomplish.......and what if I told you he asked to be traded.........no team in there right ****ing mind would trade Larson a 4th overall draft pick for a 2nd and a 4th....stop comparing trades today to ones that happened in March of 1999....
For starters Hall's the best winger we've had since.... Jesus, maybe Kurri? It's been awhile for sure.

And if he asked to be traded, we're going to need a source on that.

Given Chiarelli's trade record, it's easy to see why Hall was traded. Losing trades is just what he does.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

The issue with the trade is that it was a 1 for 1. Larsson is a good player and
He's filled a big need, but Chia should've pushed for more assets from NJ. A couple draft picks or a prospect plus a 4th rd pick.

1 for 1 was just poor value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad