Proposal: Chi/Tor...

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I don't want to trade for Seabrook. But, during his career his offensive production has been known to dip and then spike again. I don't know how worried Hawks fans would be yet.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Deal

Signed,
Hawks fan.

*throw in Leivo or Carrick too.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Leafs need a proven winner and a RHD, so it would be an easy yes from them :p

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I think the only GM's at this point who might be foolish enough to take Seabrook is Jim Benning or Peter Chiarelli.

RD offensive defenseman ;)
'Foundational' player

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think the only GM's at this point who might be foolish enough to take Seabrook is Jim Benning or Peter Chiarelli.

RD offensive defenseman ;)
'Foundational' player
Bergevin? Then they could run a Alzner-Seabrook pair. I think they would improve their attitude too

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
6 more years vs 2 more of Martin. Seabrook is a better player but this isn't worth it.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
6 more years vs 2 more of Martin. Seabrook is a better player but this isn't worth it.

We need better defenders no doubt, but Seabrook isn't the answer. Unfortunately, the better options are: a) to sign UFA vets on short 1 or 2 year contracts to act as stop gap solutions; and b) drafting and developing our own blue liners.

We probably need to readjust our lofty expectations for the team in the meantime.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No one is taking that Seabrook contract
I disagree. Someone eventually will in a swap of bad contracts and they'll get a veteran defenseman still able to pitch in in any role he's needed.

A smart GM would grab an additional player of value from them.

Reactions: _Del_

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I don't want to trade for Seabrook. But, during his career his offensive production has been known to dip and then spike again. I don't know how worried Hawks fans would be yet.

Except it's not his offense that has been the big issue with him lately.. They should be worried. It's a bad contract.

Martin can be sent to the AHL and have a cap hit under 2m until he's off the books.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Brent Seabrook for Bobby Ryan could work down the line once Seabrook's base salary gets slightly cheaper (19-20 season unfortunately Seabrook has 2 more years on his deal than Ryan.

Lucic could work too I suppose, but he's a Chiarelli soldier and he's cheaper than Seabrook every step of the way with 1 year less on his deal than Seabrook.

Other than that, Seabrook probably aint going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->