Trade: [CHI/NO] Nikola Mirotic and 2018 2nd for 2018 1st, Tony Allen, Omer Asik, and Jameer Nelson

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Mirotic didn't want to go there unless they extended his team option contract for next season.
Pelicans dont want to pay the $12.5m so he vetoed the trade. If Bulls exercise the $12.5m option for next season he has no say in where he goes.
At least that's how I understand it so far.
I want him or Tyreke on the Blazers!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Mirotic didn't want to go there unless they extended his team option contract for next season.
Pelicans dont want to pay the $12.5m so he vetoed the trade. If Bulls exercise the $12.5m option for next season he has no say in where he goes.
At least that's how I understand it so far.
I want him or Tyreke on the Blazers!

Correct, but it appears that the Pelicans wouldn't want him in that case.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I have no clue why the Bulls would think of doing this. KOC said it perfect. Just trade Mirotic elsewhere for value, then acquire Asik+1st into the cap space.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Yeah dumb all around. I have no idea why the Pelicans wouldn't want to pay Mirotic 12.5 when Boogie will either be gone or out most of the year.
Bulls should find something better than that now.

Idk what I'd even give up for the Blazers. Shabazz is for sure on the block as they just called another guard up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Mirotric spent all year demanding a trade and when Bulls put one together he essentially sinks it

At this point if no deal can be found send him home and tell him he wont play rest of year. And then exercise option out of spite this coming offseason and tell him he either plays for Bulls or he is suspended

Mirotric comes off as a joke in all this and now I understand why his own teammates hate him

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
So Mirotric spent all year demanding a trade and when Bulls put one together he essentially sinks it

At this point if no deal can be found send him home and tell him he wont play rest of year. And then exercise option out of spite this coming offseason and tell him he either plays for Bulls or he is suspended

Mirotric comes off as a joke in all this and now I understand why his own teammates hate him
How is not wanting to pass up $12.5M a joke?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
That's an awful lot of dead weight for the first.

But, I like this year's draft. I'll like it even more if the Pels pick is top 20

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
That's an awful lot of dead weight for the first.

But, I like this year's draft. I'll like it even more if the Pels pick is top 20

What i read in Finnish media regarding Niko's trade Finland's national broadcasting company YLE said that New Orleans 1st round pick is partially protected.

But if that New Orleans 1st round pick really is only TOP20 pick Bulls won't get Doncic or Ayton.

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
What i read in Finnish media regarding Niko's trade Finland's national broadcasting company YLE said that New Orleans 1st round pick is partially protected.

But if that New Orleans 1st round pick really is only TOP20 pick Bulls won't get Doncic or Ayton.
Bulls will surely have their own pick to get Doncic.

This trade does nothing positive for the Bulls

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Bulls will surely have their own pick to get Doncic.

This trade does nothing positive for the Bulls

Dammit f***ing GarPax more trash to the bulls.
I hope you're right i'll cross my fingers and pray for god we ( Bulls) really get that TOP5 to draft Doncic.

Maybe it's best to get something valuable for Lopez.
But what's Robin's trade value.

By the way if Asik stays in Bulls next season which one gets booted out or buy outed Lopez or Felicio?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Dammit ****ing GarPax more trash to the bulls.
I hope you're right i'll cross my fingers and pray for god we ( Bulls) really get that TOP5 to draft Doncic.

Maybe it's best to get something valuable for Lopez.
But what's Robin's trade value.

By the way if Asik stays in Bulls next season which one gets booted out or buy outed Lopez or Felicio?
Lopez has very minimal trade value, maybe a second rounder if that. I really don't think he can get a first unless the Bulls are taking a bad contract along with it. He is "just a guy" out there getting minutes because the Bulls don't really have anybody else.

As for the Turkish Hammer, I have no problems with him being a 8 minute bench guy. He really could help the Bulls next year.

As for Doncic, I still say he's going first overall. Bulls need to win the lottery. That would be a perfect scenario of course, but I'm high on the elite players with the exception of Bamba who is a freak athlete but isn't gonna be a Hoi type, imo. Ayton has made it clear he wants to be a Bull and play with Lauri. That's great too.

This trade is what the Bulls needed. Tank year, then tank. As great as the Bulls little run was, let's get back to using this year as a development year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->