Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
You said he's the best shooter in rookie history but now you are saying his % should be better.

Never said anything like that about his %. % is last think i would be worried about him. It was little stretch to say best in history, but he was still first player ever to hit 100 3pt and it is pretty impressive coming from a 7 footer. At least he is shooting way better than any other 7 footer rookie in history and is already tied with Dirk's career high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'd take the guy who leads the league in scoring over the guy who broke the rookie 3 record while being 53rd in scoring no question thanks.
Of course you would. It fits your derailing agenda flawlessly. I'll take the guy who's game is based on skill (shooting) over the guy who's game is based on speed (McD) only because Markkanens skill will get better while McDavids speed can only go down with time. McDavid is nothing but a bigger Pavel Bure without the big shot.

Big shot? Markkanen? Yes, plz.

And now, the biggest self ownage I have ever seen on these forums;
What do I have to be triggered over. Not Canadian not an Oilers fan, not a Bulls fan not Finnish. I don't care about any of these things on any personal level like you.
Then why are you in this thread, exactly?

(Drops mic)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Lol did you just use putting up stats on a bad team as an argument FOR your guy? :huh:

He's a good rookie playing on a rubbish team. He should be putting up stats. Harder to do on a good team.
Lol wat?

LeBron on a bad team his rookie year which was better then this Bulls team averaged 20 his rookie year. His lowest average in his career. 15 on a completely worse team is now suddenly bad? Let's not even bring up he's a better rebounder then LeBron his rookie season, either.

I am also puzzled, maybe I am just selfish, but with what you are implying, shouldn't Patrick Kane be putting up historical numbers this year while on a bad Hawks team? Since, you know, you think it's harder to do on a good team and all...

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Sent down to farm if only temporarily:

Yeah. Poor guy had a baby. Be better off getting his game back in the beer League.

Oh, and that thing called the tank. Works wonders when your franchise player isn't there to crush it.

#doingitfordoncic

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Never said anything like that about his %. % is last think i would be worried about him. It was little stretch to say best in history, but he was still first player ever to hit 100 3pt and it is pretty impressive coming from a 7 footer. At least he is shooting way better than any other 7 footer rookie in history and is already tied with Dirk's career high.
Taj Gibson has a better shooting percentage then LeBron James.

Does that mean he's better?

Seriously?

/Dead

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Of course you would. It fits your derailing agenda flawlessly. I'll take the guy who's game is based on skill (shooting) over the guy who's game is based on speed (McD) only because Markkanens skill will get better while McDavids speed can only go down with time. McDavid is nothing but a bigger Pavel Bure without the big shot.

Big shot? Markkanen? Yes, plz.

And now, the biggest self ownage I have ever seen on these forums;

Then why are you in this thread, exactly?

(Drops mic)

Speed gets you 100 points, it's why Koltsov was a mega star. What agenda is that exactly?

I wasn't aware you needed to have a personal investment to participate in the conversation? I figured liking Basketball was enough, didn't know this was the Finnish and Bulls fan only thread.

Jeez this was weak even for you. Seriously "drops mic"? Could you sound any more like some teenage keyboard warrior? The adults are speaking.

Reactions: Voight

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Speed gets you 100 points, it's why Koltsov was a mega star. What agenda is that exactly?

I wasn't aware you needed to have a personal investment to participate in the conversation? I figured liking Basketball was enough, didn't know this was the Finnish and Bulls fan only thread.

Jeez this was weak even for you. Seriously "drops mic"? Could you sound any more like some teenage keyboard warrior? The adults are speaking.
Where are these so called "adults"?

Placing themselves in threads that they admit to not have a vested interest in? Here's another meme "omegalul". Because I have no issue with anybody wanting to be a part of the hottest thread in this entire forum, honestly. I get it. Who wouldn't want some of the attention Markkanen has been getting here in this thread? Good, bad...it's still attention, am I right?

See, this is why you just can't have nice things. There's a little core of lifers here who have put in years of their life and time, and suddenly they feel entitled or that their opinion matters more then others. So, this "adult" typecast is actually bang on. Thing is, this is a young persons niche. Message boards are indeed the last bastion of the old guard with the exception this one is trying hard to be a legitimate social media platform just by it's update alone.

I, actually lost interest in this place until the update. It's gearing itself to a younger generation and in that regard, a younger voice. As in, being allowed to cheer and voice positives instead of the rampant negativity that pretty much killed off the baseball forum here and was nipped in the bud in this very thread.

Post your opinion. Your not convincing any Markkanen fan different. First he's Channing Frye, Dunn is a bust, the 3 point record is "ridiculous", etc. This is classic, comedic gold. The Markkanen supporters are "tag team partners" (very adult, btw) yet there's maybe four posters venting negativity thru out this thread playing by Freebird rules and still not convincing a soul and just typing to read themselves.

I, personally love it. The fact a thread about the most disfunctional team in the NBA is glued to the top of this forum without a sticky is just damn impressive.

This thread could be bigger then the general NBA thread in short time at this speed.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Where are these so called "adults"?

Placing themselves in threads that they admit to not have a vested interest in? Here's another meme "omegalul". Because I have no issue with anybody wanting to be a part of the hottest thread in this entire forum, honestly. I get it. Who wouldn't want some of the attention Markkanen has been getting here in this thread? Good, bad...it's still attention, am I right?

See, this is why you just can't have nice things. There's a little core of lifers here who have put in years of their life and time, and suddenly they feel entitled or that their opinion matters more then others. So, this "adult" typecast is actually bang on. Thing is, this is a young persons niche. Message boards are indeed the last bastion of the old guard with the exception this one is trying hard to be a legitimate social media platform just by it's update alone.

I, actually lost interest in this place until the update. It's gearing itself to a younger generation and in that regard, a younger voice. As in, being allowed to cheer and voice positives instead of the rampant negativity that pretty much killed off the baseball forum here and was nipped in the bud in this very thread.

Post your opinion. Your not convincing any Markkanen fan different. First he's Channing Frye, Dunn is a bust, the 3 point record is "ridiculous", etc. This is classic, comedic gold. The Markkanen supporters are "tag team partners" (very adult, btw) yet there's maybe four posters venting negativity thru out this thread playing by Freebird rules and still not convincing a soul and just typing to read themselves.

I, personally love it. The fact a thread about the most disfunctional team in the NBA is glued to the top of this forum without a sticky is just damn impressive.

This thread could be bigger then the general NBA thread in short time at this speed.

You can spot them, they're the ones who don't post things like mic drop or omegalul.

Again, I figure interest in the NBA is enough. Don't need to have emotional ties to the Bulls or be Finnish. Here appears another case where your poor comprehension skills are letting you down.

It's really quite funny that in your head this is all people with agendas and they hate Markannen and you want to be cool and post memes and win. If anyone is triggered it's clearly you kid.

Oh look, another irrelevant rant. You seem like a really high strung dude. I couldn't care less that you lost interest in the place lol.

I never compared him to Frye or said Dunn is a bust. I've said I hope Markannen flourishes you just can't read.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
You can spot them, they're the ones who don't post things like mic drop or omegalul.

Again, I figure interest in the NBA is enough. Don't need to have emotional ties to the Bulls or be Finnish. Here appears another case where your poor comprehension skills are letting you down.

It's really quite funny that in your head this is all people with agendas and they hate Markannen and you want to be cool and post memes and win. If anyone is triggered it's clearly you kid.

Oh look, another irrelevant rant. You seem like a really high strung dude. I couldn't care less that you lost interest in the place lol.

I never compared him to Frye or said Dunn is a bust. I've said I hope Markannen flourishes you just can't read.
See,(points finger with a smirk), you had me fooled until you started posting about how you don't have interest in the topic.

Now, I just can't take anything you say on this topic seriously.

(Pulls up chair) Tell me more, tho...

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You literally seem delusional.

I said I have no personal interest in these things e.g I'm not getting worked up because I'm Finnish or a Bulls fan. I have no horse in this race. We'll have to chalk this up as yet another example of your poor comprehension skills.

You don't get to chalk up everyone who disagrees with you as having an agenda. I have no personal investment in this so I have no reason to have an agenda. You really couldn't figure this out and I need to dumb it down this much for you?

If you continue to be incapable of comprehending simple things like this I can't keep wasting my time trying to have a conversation with you.

What's the next meme kiddo? I'm about ready to check out because your act is very stale.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
You literally seem delusional.

I said I have no personal interest in these things e.g I'm not getting worked up because I'm Finnish or a Bulls fan. I have no horse in this race. We'll have to chalk this up as yet another example of your poor comprehension skills.

You don't get to chalk up everyone who disagrees with you as having an agenda. I have no personal investment in this so I have no reason to have an agenda. You really couldn't figure this out and I need to dumb it down this much for you?

If you continue to be incapable of comprehending simple things like this I can't keep wasting my time trying to have a conversation with you.

What's the next meme kiddo? I'm about ready to check out because your act is very stale.
Not convinced.

(Props up feet)

Tell me more?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
As for the Bulls deadline trades....meh.

If it does enough to put them in the top six of this year's draft, so be it. The Bulls have nothing of value outside of two great young players and a franchise player. Spare parts everywhere else

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
It's not that simple. If you play in good team you have better playmaker, looks & more options. At the moment teams are making gameplans against Markkanen & it would be way harder with more options on the floor. I am pretty sure that Markkanen would put better numbers in team like Golden State. He would be perfect guy for their offense.
I'm just telling you this is the first time I've seen "he puts up stats on a bad team" used as an argument FOR a player lol.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
He's a troll. Was one in baseball boarda and now that the Cubs so called dynasty is over he's moved over here. Asiantuntija is the delusional one.
I resent being labeled a "troll" for being a fan of a team and only cheering them on and not getting into the standard bore fest. If I recall, it was the board begging me to come back, not the other way around.

As for the Cubs dynasty, two central titles in a row, three NLCS in a row and a WS title begs to differ.

Who has more team success then the Cubs the last three years?

Ouch

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I resent being labeled a "troll" for being a fan of a team and only cheering them on and not getting into the standard bore fest. If I recall, it was the board begging me to come back, not the other way around.

As for the Cubs dynasty, two central titles in a row, three NLCS in a row and a WS title begs to differ.

Who has more team success then the Cubs the last three years?

Ouch

1 title does NOT mean a dynasty. Otherwise there's dynsties everywhere every single year.

Ouch.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
1 title does NOT mean a dynasty. Otherwise there's dynsties everywhere every single year.

Ouch.
I don't see the Cubs coming back down to irrelevance any time soon on top of being the most successful team in MLB for the last three years.

What the average age of their infield? 25? When does their Network start? Next year? The year Harper becomes a FA? When has Ricketts said money is an issue? Never?

Double ouch

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't see the Cubs coming back down to irrelevance any time soon on top of being the most successful team in MLB for the last three years.

What the average age of their infield? 25? When does their Network start? Next year? The year Harper becomes a FA? When has Ricketts said money is an issue? Never?

Double ouch

I never said they'll be irrelevant, learn to read. Dynasties are measured in titles and you have 1 in years. Giants (10,12,14) is the team that got closest to being a dynasty. What hurts them is sucking in 11 and 13. Cubs need to win next 2 titles and they'll be one.

That's a lot of when's and if's. That's cute how you think Harper is coming to play with his buddy. Where's your pitching?

Triple ouch.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
He's a troll. Was one in baseball boarda and now that the Cubs so called dynasty is over he's moved over here. Asiantuntija is the delusional one.

It seems to be too much for your emotions that i am expert & able to recognize these thinks before ordinary fan has even heard about them.

Asiantuntija - The Expert of Basketball

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Cubs dynasty ,, LOL

A real dynasty is what we saw from 91-93 and 96-98
Hey, at least one team in Chicago baseball has a damn good chance at becoming one.

I mean...the White Sox might be good in a few years...

How is Dunn being a bust working out?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I never said they'll be irrelevant, learn to read. Dynasties are measured in titles and you have 1 in years. Giants (10,12,14) is the team that got closest to being a dynasty. What hurts them is sucking in 11 and 13. Cubs need to win next 2 titles and they'll be one.

That's a lot of when's and if's. That's cute how you think Harper is coming to play with his buddy. Where's your pitching?

Triple ouch.
Well hey, the Cubs have as good if not a better then most of the NL shot at going back. One more WS win this year puts them on a higher level then they already ate at.

I mean....them Brewers sure won the off season, the Cards got better, I'd still take the Cubs ATM and the off season isn't finished yet.

Pitching? Last I heard they got a replacement for Jake and over hauled the BP. I like the look alot better then last year while the Cubs slept walk thru half the year then decided to turn it on.

I mean, we did beat the Nats pretty soundly.

As for Harper, funny, but seems he wants to be a Cubs and I don't blame him one bit. I wouldn't be surprised once Ricketts get his tv money he don't go out and buy everyone.

Gotta keep it real considering there's a baseball team leasing out it's stadium name to a low cost motel in town.

Uncle Jerry needs better marketing; please buy three non Cubs tickets and have a weekend stay on us. Sounds about right.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
2 simple steps to ruin a board:

1. A wild KBIB appears - I'm a f***ing Cubs fan and he makes me hate Cubs fans
2. A guy from a country with little success in a certain sport is a top 10 draft pick

f***ing sad this thread has more traffic than we've seen on this board most likely ever, all thanks to senseless drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->