Proposal: CHI - CAR

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
i know Chicago is cap strapped and with Zadina falling in mocks if he slips to 8 if I was Carolina I’d heavily consider

8OA for Jeff Skinner

Skinner with Kane or Toews is a scary thought and Zadina was fantastic with canes prospect Necas at world juniors.

Any adds? Any thoughts?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Why in the hell would Chicago trade the 8th OA for 1 year of Jeff skinner at his cap hit when they can just take Zadina with the pick on an ELC for the next 3 years

You need to add something MAJOR to skinner to get that pick if Zadina is there

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Skinner with 1 year away from being UFA will not net the 8th pick. CHI will gladly skip to the podium and announce that they've selected Zadina

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Too high of a price for Chicago to pay given the term on Skinner's contract. Carolina would have to add, but I don't think the principle swap is viable.

I'm not sure Skinner would play well with either Toews (not good enough defensively to play those minutes) or Kane (not enough puck to go around.)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
OP high on drugs thinking Zadina falling to 8 AND Chicago would trade it straight up for a guy who will want upwards of $6M after this season. OP's post is a walking contradiction.

Reactions: PensandCaps

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
chicago easily says no. if they trade that pick, a top-4 dman should be coming back

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If Zadina falls then Hanifin for #6 or #7 makes a lot more sense value-wise.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
So IF (massive if) Zadina falls that much... why wouldn’t the hawks just select him? He fits into our system a lot better than Skinner. Plus he’s way younger and has a lot more years of cost control.

Didn’t put very much thought into this one before you hit send did you?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
Yeah no I guess the better question is what would the canes have to give up to get Zadina if he falls out of the top 5? Obviously a massive if, but can’t I just foam at the mouth at the thought of Necas and Zadina playing either with svechnikov or aho. I think he goes 4 to Ottawa but you just never know.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If Zadina falls out of the top 5 pick #6 is going to be a lot more valuable than it is now. I just can't imagine a scenario where both Ottawa and Arizona pass on him. Vancouver would probably do 7 for Hanifin straight up right now and then you can just get really into prayer for the remainder of the week I guess

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
i know Chicago is cap strapped and with Zadina falling in mocks if he slips to 8 if I was Carolina I’d heavily consider

8OA for Jeff Skinner

Skinner with Kane or Toews is a scary thought and Zadina was fantastic with canes prospect Necas at world juniors.

Any adds? Any thoughts?

“I know chicago is cap strapped”

That right there was enough to tell you that trading the 8th pick may not be the best idea.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Maybe, just maybe, he meant that 2nd would be the only thing worth trading the 8 for, and maybe, just maybe, something else would be included.
Who knows what he meant? He did an extremely poor job of clarifying what he meant.

And either way, there's almost nothing Chicago would realistically include with the 8th pick to get the 2nd overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad