Chevy press conference post TD

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Good job Chevy!
Fill in the weakness with a scoring winger and more depth on D

BUT the burning question is
Who is the player you were willing to give up two 1st rounders for?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ponds

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Watched the press conference.
Then watched it again while reading the captions..
Chevy with 305 "You Know's" In 23 minutes.
It was getting down to the wire. I was actually stressed he wasn't gonna make it to 300 but his last answer was a gold mine.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I like it when someone asked Chevy if he asked Schmidt on his thoughts about acquiring Miller who he played with in Vegas. What a stupid question. I can just imagine Chevy asking Schmidt if they should trade for the guy sending Schmidt to the pressbox.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watched the press conference.
Then watched it again while reading the captions..
Chevy with 305 "You Know's" In 23 minutes.
It was getting down to the wire. I was actually stressed he wasn't gonna make it to 300 but his last answer was a gold mine.
Chevy Drinking Game
You Know - everyone drinks
Its a process - last one to slam down their drink has to chug it
We are confident in our group - Charlie horse the person to your right

I like it when someone asked Chevy if he asked Schmidt on his thoughts about acquiring Miller who he played with in Vegas. What a stupid question. I can just imagine Chevy asking Schmidt if they should trade for the guy sending Schmidt to the pressbox.
Schmidt 'So I'll still make $6 mill for chillaxin? Yo dude!!!'

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Chevy Drinking Game
You Know - everyone drinks
Its a process - last one to slam down their drink has to chug it
We are confident in our group - Charlie horse the person to your right

Schmidt 'So I'll still make $6 mill for chillaxin? Yo dude!!!'
It was tough. I was counting and sometimes he'd toss about 5 "you knows" in 2 or 3 seconds into one sentence.

Reactions: Ponds

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Been buzzing all day.

What the Jets have done has some serious intent to it. I understand that rentals don't always work out, that some prefer proceeding with caution when trading picks away. Especially when drafting well is so important for a franchise like Winnipeg. Mortgaging the future ala Toronto is hazardous. But this is what it's all about when you're a contender! Who would rather we were a bubble team right now, walking the fine line between adding or selling? Even worse, not even in a playoff spot? What happens next year or in the next 5 years does matter.. but it doesn't matter right now! You know? 😉

We have a damn good shot at winning a Stanley Cup and in this moment, it feels bloody amazing! Imagine if we actually win the damn thing? I guarantee you the group of fellas who take the ice tonight feel the same way.

Last campaign really ended horribly and I will be the first to say I did not believe The Winnipeg Jets would be in this position a year on. I listened to the press conference last year, watching Chevy pouring sweat, wondering if a decade of wallowing in the muck was upon us. Regardless of some of my negative feelings about the ownership, they allowed Chevy to continue flying the plane and I'm grateful we have him as our GM. I honestly don't think we could find a better one.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Chevy's killer season continues. Not a peep......then bang! D depth and top 6 scorer.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad