Chet Donnelly's Re-Draft GM Game - Discussion Thread

member 202355

Stanley Cup Champions: Edmonton Oilers

:nhl

Congratulations to Joey Moss' Edmonton Oilers on a Stanley Cup Championship!​

Not too thrilled about at least bottom 4 selection in half of the drafts.. Damn I got shafted. Should be really interesting to see how it plays out though.

Damn I got shafted.

Damn I got shafted.

Damn I got shafted.

Damn I got shafted.

Damn I got shafted.

member 202355

Rebuilders' Cup Champions: Vancouver Canucks

:nhl

Congratulations to Scholarships' Vancouver Canucks on a Rebuilders' Cup Championship!

"a ring is a ring chetty ice"

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
I spent the 10 minutes to do this and I have to say Joey had one of the most stacked draft boards.

Jamie Benn / C / Patric Hornqvist
Jonny Gaudreau / C / James Neal
Mikael Granlund / Mikko Koivu / RW
Artem Anisimov / Travis Zajac / Jannik Hansen

Victor Hedman / Shea Weber
Mark Giordano / Jared Spurgeon
Justin Schultz / Josh Manson
Jeff Petry / Radko Gudas

G
Scott Darling

FT:
Jack Eichel
Clayton Keller
Jaccob Slavin or Colton Parayko
Jonathan Drouin
Artturi Lehkonen
Elias Lindholm
Pavel Buchnevich
Braden Point
Brandon Montour
Cody Ceci

I took all of Joey's picks and drafted BPA (In my opinion).With the trade assets that he had, trading for a solid goalie and a 1C and 2C should have been extremely easy (and they were) . I even think he would have leftover assets to use to strengthen other parts of the lineup (namely RW which he did)

That being said, I agreed with the majority of his picks and I did like his trades (based on memory, I'm not going back and checking value) so this isn't to diminish Joey's drafting and trading. However, saying one has been "shafted" is absolutely not true at all.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
To be fair I took advantage of skipped picks and would not have had Neal, Hornqvist, Granlund, Spurgeon, Gardiner etc.. without that. I was expecting players like Frolik, Grabner, Demers in those spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad