Cherry says on OTR that Crosby is best prospect at camp,anyone believe him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

I'm sure there is a few here who watched grapes on off the record yesterday.He told Michael Landsberg that of all the players at Canada's junior team camp that Corey Perry would turn out to be the best pro of them all.That's a bold statement considering the talent that is there.Turn out better then Phaneuf?Crosby?Getzlaf?Carter?.......continue listing players if you want.I won't say grapes is losing it but i wonder what he sees in the guy that would make him think he'll turn out to be the best pro out of all those guys? Maybe he's got something there.......Perry's goals in the exhibitiion games were kinda magical. Still,i don't agree with him here.

Double O Soul

Apr 1, 2004
Raleigh NC
you might wanna fix the thread title, a bit confusing

that is a bold, bold statemen...seeing as how I traded Mark Parrish for Perry in my keeper league, I hope this turns out to be true though

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
From the limited amount of times I've seen Perry play, I've been impressed with his all round game - nose for the net, but came away thinking that it looks like he skates through mud. Anyone see him enough to elaborate?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
bopeep said:
From the limited amount of times I've seen Perry play, I've been impressed with his all round game - nose for the net, but came away thinking that it looks like he skates through mud. Anyone see him enough to elaborate?

I've seen him play around 150 times the past 4 years and he has progressed each and every year. Basically he has all world hands and skills but he is not the strongest player on his feet and isn't the fastest either. Keep in mind both those attributes have increased tremendously the past 2 year in particular. IMO he'll be a good 2nd line NHLer and play on the PP. He could put up as many as 60-70 one day (5 years away) or at worst be the best AHL player (Kyle Wellwood).

Kings16

Jun 30, 2004
cyclops said:
I won't say grapes is losing it but i wonder what he sees in the guy that would make him think he'll turn out to be the best pro out of all those guys?

He sees a player from the OHL. If you know Grapes, enuf said.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Ya never know but I certainly wouldn't choose Perry as the best future NHLer on Team Canada.

I'd choose Crosby, Phaneuf, Carter, Stewart & Getzlaf for sure over Perry. Maybe even Bergeron & Richards.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
trahans99 said:
I've seen him play around 150 times the past 4 years and he has progressed each and every year. Basically he has all world hands and skills but he is not the strongest player on his feet and isn't the fastest either. Keep in mind both those attributes have increased tremendously the past 2 year in particular. IMO he'll be a good 2nd line NHLer and play on the PP. He could put up as many as 60-70 one day (5 years away) or at worst be the best AHL player (Kyle Wellwood).
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his game over the next few weeks on the big stage.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well that is Cherry's opinion, he is a homer, he admits it.

Most of us on here are homers, but dont admit it :)

His opinion is Perry will be the best NHLer, my opinion is he will be one of the worst of the bunch for reasons already stated (not the best skater, isnt very physical).

SwOOsh*

I thought he said something to the like that he will be the best in the tournament if he gets the icetime, not the best NHL'er but maybe I heard wrong.

espo*

Epsilon said:
Yeah, I read the title to the thread and I was like "so what, everyone thinks that".
I know i know...i gotta fix it....now to figure out how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->