Chelios says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just saw an interview on Sportsnet, and Chelios says he doesn't want to see small market teams lose money, so his suggestion... just move them...Wow Chri$ if it was only that easy, just move the teams that are struggling financially so the he and his union boys can continue to be overpaid... :shakehead

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BLONG7 said:
Just saw an interview on Sportsnet, and Chelios says he doesn't want to see small market teams lose money, so his suggestion... just move them...Wow Chri$ if it was only that easy, just move the teams that are struggling financially so the he and his union boys can continue to be overpaid... :shakehead
Way to sway public opinion to your side, Chelios. Ever get the feeling that the players are slightly out of touch with their fans?

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
What a moron. "Well, if the teams are losing money, we'll just move them to bigger cities. Huh? All the big cities already have hockey teams? Really. I did not know that. Well, then the league can just build some more really big cities, and move the teams there. That ought to take care of it."

:dunce:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
BLONG7 said:

Did he shake hands with the interviewer? ;)

His election slogan could be:
Choose Chris Chelios for intellect and class!

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
How many teams can we fit in NY, TO, Detroit, LA, and Dallas? Does he have a plan for superfast transport for fans from, say Nashville, to wherever their former team is playing?

:shakehead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Boucicaut said:
Did he shake hands with the interviewer? ;)

His election slogan could be:
Choose Chris Chelios for intellect and class!
:lol :lol :lol Also during that interview it talked to some of the guys in the UHL and no one is very happy about these guys coming to a league that pays 500 bucks a week, but yet they won't play in the NHL under a cap that would still pay them millions... :madfire:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wazee said:
Way to sway public opinion to your side, Chelios. Ever get the feeling that the players are slightly out of touch with their fans?

No more so than the owners/management. Just that the players have opened their mouths a bit more due to the owners gag rule.

Nothing a player has said yet comes close to rivaling Devallano syaing "Hockey isn't important ....."

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
BLONG7 said:
:lol :lol :lol Also during that interview it talked to some of the guys in the UHL and no one is very happy about these guys coming to a league that pays 500 bucks a week, but yet they won't play in the NHL under a cap that would still pay them millions... :madfire:
:banghead:

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
BLONG7 said:

Someone should let that Knothead know that NASA is looking for Jet Propulsion Engineers !!! He is dumber than a bag of hammers !!!!!!1

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
BLONG7 said:

One of the UHL boys are going to carve one of these NHL idiot's eyes out...watch and see. It's going to get real ugly trust me. !!!!!!!!

X0ssbar

Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
One of the UHL boys are going to carve one of these NHL idiot's eyes out...watch and see. It's going to get real ugly trust me. !!!!!!!!

That I would gladly pay to see..!

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Wild Thing said:
What a moron. "Well, if the teams are losing money, we'll just move them to bigger cities. Huh? All the big cities already have hockey teams? Really. I did not know that. Well, then the league can just build some more really big cities, and move the teams there. That ought to take care of it."

the truth hurts - seattle - kansas city - winnipeg - portland - houston - las vegas

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
I have to agree with Bob McCown...Chris Chelios is a bonehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did Chelios sound like one dumb mother he validates all the negative things that have been spewed about players lack of business sense and also that high priced players in the NHL don't give a **** about lower paid players or care at all about the job security of their brotherhood. He sounded like one selfish son of a ***** in this interview.

I hope replacement players Chelios, Hatcher and Draper are paying the UHL guys they displaced from the Motor City Mechanics and I hope that all Detroit local area fans boycott their games. I will never pay again to see these 3 players play at any level even if they come back to the NHL this year. Bye Bye and good riddens :madfire: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wild Thing said:

Well, Houston is the 4th largest city in America and they still only muster an AHL team...that's moving to Iowa

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
No more so than the owners/management. Just that the players have opened their mouths a bit more due to the owners gag rule.

Nothing a player has said yet comes close to rivaling Devallano syaing "Hockey isn't important ....."
Most of the polls I've seen show the 75 to 80 percent of the fans are supporting the owners. Either the gag order is working in the owner's favor, or the vast majority of the fans agree that the financial side of the game has tilted too far in the favor of the players. Anyway, the players have lost the PR battle bigtime and statements like Chelios is reported to have made, do not help their cause.

As I was typing that last sentence I realized that no one on this thread has questioned if Chelios really said what was posted, or asked if the poster took his remarks out of context. That alone says a lot about fan's reaction to the players...

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
wazee said:
Most of the polls I've seen show the 75 to 80 percent of the fans are supporting the owners. Either the gag order is working in the owner's favor, or the vast majority of the fans agree that the financial side of the game has tilted too far in the favor of the players. Anyway, the players have lost the PR battle bigtime and statements like Chelios is reported to have made, do not help their cause.

As I was typing that last sentence I realized that no one on this thread has questioned if Chelios really said what was posted, or asked if the poster took his remarks out of context. That alone says a lot about fan's reaction to the players...

I just heard it live on FAN 590 out of Toronto.....It's another CLASSIC by the big Brain Chelios....Go back to sleep Chris !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->