Chelios runs mouth about Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Master Shake said:
Sour grapes from a dinosaur who made way more money in this league then he ever should have.

Hey Chris, retire already. You suck now and have for a few years. Id rather Bettman stick around then some washed up has been who hasnt had a good year in a decade and was way overpaid the whole time.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130194

You're aware he was runner up for the Norris 3 years ago, right?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
"And if he's patting himself on the back for getting a cap, every sport's got a cap. I mean, big deal, he's the last one to get it and he's run our league into the ground."

:shakehead :shakehead
What an idiot,if you knew there would be a cap Chelios why didn't you take one earlier? I swear,Chelios wasn't born in a normal enviroment!

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Can I play the violin for him or for just the guys who love the SS NHLPA Titanic?
That said, this clown will never see a 4m payday again and shouldn't have for the last 5 years. He never ceases to amaze me.
Randy

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Chelios has as much natural intelligence and business sense as Avery has knowledge of foreign relations. Or Rocker, for that matter.

:D

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
oildrop said:
I've never liked Chelios. He always seemed arrogant and always came off as a jerk. This proves that.

Yeah, but he's a damned good bobsledder.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
At this point it should be obvious to most people that Chelios isn't the sharpest knive in the drawer, I mean some of those comments were downright idiotic.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
hockeytown9321 said:
You're aware he was runner up for the Norris 3 years ago, right?

Finalist, yes. Runner up, hardly.
He was effective, but hardly a force.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
I've always been a fan of Chelios - on the ice.
Off the ice, he shouldn't be allowed out of his house
without a keeper.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Master Shake said:
Sour grapes from a dinosaur who made way more money in this league then he ever should have.

he never made more money than he should. He was a top 5 defensemen in this league during much of his career.

hell Id take Chelios in his prime over Pronger in his prime. Chelios could of made much more money if he just wasnt so damn old. lol.

that said, there has been much talk locally here that He is going to retire, or accept a much smaller roll with Detroit. It is Sour grapes, as he realizes he and his bretheren pissed away a year for nothing.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Pepper said:
At this point it should be obvious to most people that Chelios isn't the sharpest knive in the drawer, I mean some of those comments were downright idiotic.

During the last work stoppage, didn't he say that Bettman had better be careful, from a safety standpoint, because a lot of guys didn't like him very much?

I see ten years has really matured Chelios.

Let's hope he keeps his shirt on...

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
I just want Chelios to be no where near the US team in the '06 Olympics. For too long has the US gone the tenure route instead of actually looking at international matchups.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
ranold26 said:
Finalist, yes. Runner up, hardly.
He was effective, but hardly a force.
Actually he was both. I forget who finished third but it was Lidstrom and Chelios 1 and 2. 1st Team All Star and +/- champ that year too.

/yes, he's a colossal ass and not just because of these statements but the balance of his career

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
norrisnick said:
Actually he was both. I forget who finished third but it was Lidstrom and Chelios 1 and 2. 1st Team All Star and +/- champ that year too.

/yes, he's a colossal ass and not just because of these statements but the balance of his career

Just to add, there are plenty of more kids in the AHL who are more effective than him.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Trottier said:
Try watching the sport PUNK. Your ignrance about economics 101 is matched only by your utter lack of hockey insight. :dunce:

Ignrance? It's IGNORANCE.....
Kettle meet black please.
:propeller

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I would say that 29 teams in the league would take him...I guess he doesn't play well enough for you in NHL2005 or your fantasy league... :p:

This is classic though:

"And if he's patting himself on the back for getting a cap, every sport's got a cap. I mean, big deal, he's the last one to get it and he's run our league into the ground."

Wasn't this the PA's position until cancellation eve? :dunno: Maybe it took him so long to get it for a reason...Hm...

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
ranold26 said:

What's with the Almighty 'I have a Webster's defense' on this board? So, he typed to make a POINT, not to make sure he passed his HF spelling bee.

Now poeple can't reaad unleess everyythingg is grammartically corekt? :sarcasm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Master Shake said:

Hey Chris, retire already. You suck now and have for a few years. Id rather Bettman stick around then some washed up has been who hasnt had a good year in a decade and was way overpaid the whole time.

[url="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130194"]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130194[/url]
You should post this in the Bettman appreciation thread ..

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Trottier said:
Chelios sucks and is washed up, hasn't a had a good year in a decade?

Try watching the sport PUNK. Your ignorance about economics 101 is matched only by your utter lack of hockey insight. :dunce:
I see the point you are trying to make, but I have to disagree. When he was younger he was an all-star. Right now, at 43, he doesn't make 20 teams top 6 if his name isn't Chelios. Watching him play a speedy team like the Flames in last years play-offs really exposed him........ until the unstoppable force known as Oleg Saprykin layed him out and injured him for the series. I can't believe he is actually thinking of playing again when the season starts up. He's hanging on way too long, like Jerry Rice.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
ranold26 said:
Anyone else find this funny? It's "pot meet kettle" or "pot calling the kettle black" not "kettle meet black." I only point this out because you're critiquing someone for getting something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->