Chelios and Tkachuk - sore losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
According to an story in Finnish newspaper Kaleva, after the Finland -Usa game Chelios refused to shake hands with Nieminen and Tkachuk did something to Nieminen that almost caused a fight. :amazed: There's talk of Tkachuk spitting at Ville's face, but the article doesn't mention that, just a vague reference which I can't translate: Here's the story (sorry, in Finnish):http://www.kaleva.fi/cf/juttu.cfm?j=429103

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Jussi said:
According to an story in Finnish newspaper Kaleva, after the Finland -Usa game Chelios refused to shake hands with Nieminen and Tkachuk did something to Nieminen that almost caused a fight. :amazed: There's talk of Tkachuk spitting at Ville's face, but the article doesn't mention that, just a vague reference which I can't translate: Here's the story (sorry, in Finnish):http://www.kaleva.fi/cf/juttu.cfm?j=429103

Great read, thanks.

chicpea*

If true, I'm a bit surprised at Chelios' behaviour, but not much. As for Tkachuk, I expect the worst from him on all occasions. He is the least classiest player in the NHL by far. Kasparitis, for instance, is a ***** on the ice, but is a decent fellow.
BTW, was Tkachuk staying in a hotel in Minnesota? Did the article mention Nagano? (I can't read Finnish)

monkey_00*

Jussi.......

Nieminen is a dirty hockey player........can't say I blame Chelios and Tkachuk for not wanting to shake hands with the guy.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

BCCHL inactive

monkey_00 said:
Jussi.......

Nieminen is a dirty hockey player........can't say I blame Chelios and Tkachuk for not wanting to shake hands with the guy.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Yeah Nieminen is dirty, but that is no reason for anybody to not shake his hand after an elimination game. Not only that, for guys like Tkachuk and Chelios to not shake his hand is one extremely hypocritical gesture, or lack thereof (assuming that is why they didn't shake his hand). Those two guys are as dirty as they come.

The only way Chelios and Tkachuk have a reason for not shaking his hand, is if Nieminen was taunting them, which is possible.

...And if Tkachuk spit at Nieminen, that is cause for suspension whether or not Nieminen taunted Chelios and Tkachuk (if and when the NHL resumes).

Last edited by a moderator:

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
monkey_00 said:
Jussi.......

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Thats very true and I agree....

But like the old saying goes... "leave it all on the ice"

So unless Niemenen was being a **** to them after the game, then they shouldve congratulated each other and moved on.

I guess...might be different in the pro rink.... :dunno:

I Hate You All*

They should have jumped Nieminen and beat his ass 2-on-1.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Classless Losers

I've never liked either Chelios or Tkachuk. I'm not suprised to see them act like the losers they truly are.

I was pissed off when the Jets traded Selanne and kept Tkachuk. :banghead: Selanne will win at LEAST a silver this year and Tkachuk will hopefully lose Bronze.

To be fair . . . The only positive thing I have to say about Tkachuk is the fact that he holds annual charity golf games in Winnipeg and he once autographed a hockey card for me when I was 11. Other than that he has not been a very good role model and I can't wait until he retires so I don't have to see such a classless on TV anymore. :mad:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Knucklez said:
Tkachuck and Chelios should stop taking it out on poor Niemenin and go back to the only thing they're good at: trashing hotel rooms.
:bow: Well done! :lol:

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Ville Nieminen might be cheap, but he is not a taunter, that is for sure.

If Ville did something cheap and Chelios and Tkachuk are mad well, they better look at themselves in a mirror, they are two cheap cheap SOB's.

Spitting? Pure class guys. :shakehead

(lone)Yashinfan#79

mazmin said:
I've never liked either Chelios or Tkachuk. I'm not suprised to see them act like the losers they truly are.

I was pissed off when the Jets traded Selanne and kept Tkachuk. :banghead: Selanne will win at LEAST a silver this year and Tkachuk will hopefully lose Bronze.

To be fair . . . The only positive thing I have to say about Tkachuk is the fact that he holds annual charity golf games in Winnipeg and he once autographed a hockey card for me when I was 11. Other than that he has not been a very good role model and I can't wait until he retires so I don't have to see such a classless on TV anymore. :mad:

so other than the poor sportsmanship, he's an ok guy in your book because he signed his hockey card for you?

Chelios is a "loser"?

great, thanks for weighing in.

gimme a break, i could form some delicious pun based on that word and the city you hail from, but what would be the point?

Macman

May 15, 2004
Hmmm, interesting. I did notice during the handshakes that Tkachuk turned and looked back at a Finnish player who'd just shaken his hand. He seemed ticked off and I thought maybe the Finnish guy had taunted him, but the camera moved away and that seemed to be the end of it.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I think people are jumping the gun here. So far, we have a story from 1 Finnish paper about supposed events that transpired, that no other news source has yet to pick up (except the Chelios not shaking hands, I heard that before but can't remember if it was confirmed.)

Jussi originally posted this:
There's talk of Tkachuk spitting at Ville's face, but the article doesn't mention that, just a vague reference which I can't translate

And suddenly everybody is acting like it's a fact Tkachuk spit?

I don't even like Chelios or Tkachuk, but nothing here has been confirmed, or even close to it.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Ville is a great guy, according to everyone he plays with. The difference is, if you are a Euro- aggitator it is somehow chicken ****. If you are a NA aggitator you'll do "whatever it takes to win".

I am an American, chicago blackhawk fan, who still likes Chelios (whenever he doesn't play for detroit). but for Chelios or Ktachuk to call anyone cheap.. is well- crazy.

Mr Chelios
Mr Ktachuk...

this is Mr. Kettle.

Mr. Kettle, this is Mr. Chelios and Mr. Ktachuk.

-fullmetalninja

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
VO #23 said:
You are the first person in this thread to mention the Calgary Flames. Give your head a kick.
No, if it were any other poster I wouldn't have mentioned it, but when a Calgary homer tries to say that it's impossible for Nieminen to taunt someone and then goes on and pretty much labels Tkachuk guilty of spitting with no proof whatsoever, it looks pretty damn biased.

BCCHL inactive

Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Do you live on planet Earth? He's a great agitator.

There is a difference between agitating and taunting.

Agitating = Getting under the opponents' skin during the game.

Taunting = Rubbing it in after a goal, or when the game is over.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The Albino said:
I think people are jumping the gun here. So far, we have a story from 1 Finnish paper about supposed events that transpired, that no other news source has yet to pick up (except the Chelios not shaking hands, I heard that before but can't remember if it was confirmed.)

Jussi originally posted this:
There's talk of Tkachuk spitting at Ville's face, but the article doesn't mention that, just a vague reference which I can't translate

And suddenly everybody is acting like it's a fact Tkachuk spit?

I don't even like Chelios or Tkachuk, but nothing here has been confirmed, or even close to it.

I agree. Let's wait for this story to get some legs from an English (most likely Canadian :shakehead ) source before we make too much of this. I don't condone spitting and what not, but let's not kid ourselves here, this was a bitter battle fought to the very end by athletes that are on the edge. I'm not surprised if foul play ensued at the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad