Checkers III: The Age of Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I think Wallmark would be the 3C right now I’d he didn’t keep getting hurt. Zykov is tough because he has to play in an offensive role and none of the top 9 wings have given any reason to be sat down. The only way to do it is to move McGinn to the 4th line (which he doesn’t deserve) or zone of the wings to center, which makes the team worse. Same with Kuokkanen. Foegele is a 4th liner so that makes sense, but much like a Fluery I think they just give him the full year in Charlotte.

Re: Zykov....Derek Ryan says hello....there are plenty of line constructions where Zykov could play wing effectively....it merely would entail sitting Derek Ryan....who from time to time appeared to deserve that, but who has also has played fine at other times. Having a 40 point, 56% FO guy center what is arguably your 3rd line is a tough thing to complain too vociferously about.....but I still want to see some of the youngsters.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Who the hell are the Laval Rocket?

Edit: Upon investigating, the Montreal affiliate and they used to be the St. Johns Icecaps. Named after Rocket Richard and play in Montreal suburb of Laval. Cool I guess.

I need to check if Charlotte has any games left in Laval that I can get to. I actually love this latest version of divisional realignment since they now come to Canada.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Who the hell are the Laval Rocket?

Edit: Upon investigating, the Montreal affiliate and they used to be the St. Johns Icecaps. Named after Rocket Richard and play in Montreal suburb of Laval. Cool I guess.

In youth hockey we did an “exchange” weekend with a team from Laval where they would come down for a weekend to play us, where the parents stayed in beautiful Waterbury,CT and ours went to Montreal.

They must have really built up Laval in the last 20 years to be able to support an AHL team.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Despite the loss it's awesome to see them fight back from 5-0.

On another note, here's a quote from Gauthier on Dec 16.
I never play on the power play and am always below 10 minutes. And nothing is said to me ... only to work hard. I am the only forward on the team who does not play on the power play or on the penalty kill. I do not really understand. They want to break me, maybe, but why?
From our dear friends at the French Canadian media of course Julien Gauthier apprend à la dure
I guess it's just that they have so many young players. If there's a call up he'll surely get his opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->