Checkers III: The Age of Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
@Anton Dubinchuk What did you think of BoJa?

Super fun fan experience. Probably a different problem when it comes to marketing and game-day experience than the Canes, perhaps an easier one, but they’ve solved the one they’ve got a lot better.

Having a Bojangles in the building is awesome. Canes used to do that with Hardee’s but it was a pretty meh Hardee’s. This Bo seemed close to authentic.

It seemed to embrace the community at the “grass roots” level, something that I think the Canes did more of at their best. Certainly easier when you’re selling so much fewer tickets, but the Canes could learn a thing or two.

Took awhile to get used to being so close (7 rows up on the blue line). Ended up watching portions of the game on the Jumbotron to get a feel for the speed, since everything is faster up close.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hold the **** on. There’s a bojangles INSIDE the arena? Like I could get bojangles, then walk to my seat and eat the bojangles while watching hockey?

I mean, there’s the solution to your attendance problem right there, Francis. Make it happen.

It really does need to happen, it's kind of a disgrace that it hasn't happened already.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Ned hurt?
Reported he was sick.

Also, possibly the single worst game I've seen 2 teams play (especially following an 8 goal game)...at one point they went 25 minutes without stringing together 2 passes, and had 1 shot in the third until the final 5 min or so. It was a comically bad game. Foegle was good, Smith had probably his best game. The rest was pretty much a joke

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Reported he was sick.

Also, possibly the single worst game I've seen 2 teams play (especially following an 8 goal game)...at one point they went 25 minutes without stringing together 2 passes, and had 1 shot in the third until the final 5 min or so. It was a comically bad game. Foegle was good, Smith had probably his best game. The rest was pretty much a joke

They all probably went out and got shitfaced after the game last night.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
As of today, the Checkers have 13 players with double digit point totals. The Hurricanes have 9. The Checkers have 4 players with 8 or more goals. The Hurricanes have 2. The Checkers have had a 4 game and a 3 game winning streak plus one 4 game losing streak. The Hurricanes have not won more than 2 games in a row all season. The Checkers look like a normal sports team with a bunch of young and exciting guys. The Hurricanes look like the inconsistent shit show that they are.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
As of today, the Checkers have 13 players with double digit point totals. The Hurricanes have 9. The Checkers have 4 players with 8 or more goals. The Hurricanes have 2. The Checkers have had a 4 game and a 3 game winning streak plus one 4 game losing streak. The Hurricanes have not won more than 2 games in a row all season. The Checkers look like a normal sports team with a bunch of young and exciting guys. The Hurricanes look like the inconsistent **** show that they are.
Ah yes, the inverse prospect graveyard

Reactions: Breakdowns

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
As of today, the Checkers have 13 players with double digit point totals. The Hurricanes have 9. The Checkers have 4 players with 8 or more goals. The Hurricanes have 2. The Checkers have had a 4 game and a 3 game winning streak plus one 4 game losing streak. The Hurricanes have not won more than 2 games in a row all season. The Checkers look like a normal sports team with a bunch of young and exciting guys. The Hurricanes look like the inconsistent **** show that they are.
So Vellucci should be promoted to the NHL and Peters/Brindy demoted to the Everblades? I'm down.

but could they do it on a cold rainy night at stoke?
Most of the cities in the Checkers' division alone make Stoke seem like Paris, so maybe...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I saw a guy wearing a Columbia Inferno jersey a couple of days ago. Thought that was really random. The Inferno last played in May of 2008. I used to sometimes see Inferno jerseys at Checkers games in their first seasons in the AHL.

I remember the days of the Checkers biggest rivals being in fact, the Columbia Inferno among other smaller Southern cities. Good times.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I saw a guy wearing a Columbia Inferno jersey a couple of days ago. Thought that was really random. The Inferno last played in May of 2008. I used to sometimes see Inferno jerseys at Checkers games in their first seasons in the AHL.

I remember the days of the Checkers biggest rivals being in fact, the Columbia Inferno among other smaller Southern cities. Good times.
Pee Dee (Florence) Pride, Augusta Lynx, South Carolina Stingrays, Greenville Grrrowl, etc. So many smaller Southern cities have had ECHL hockey at one point.

As a hockey fan as a kid growing up in the South in the 1990s, so much nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->