check this mock draft out!

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
terrible. Toews at 2, Backstrom at 5, Frolik at 8, BERGLUND to the leafs? Sheppard at 15? Mueller at 12?????????????????????????

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
If this guy posted that here he would be banned. ;)

Seriously, is Okposo gonna make this tool's top30? :biglaugh:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
As pointed out, he seems a little off on some picks.

I wouldn't mind Toews for the Pens, because I think he could play wing in the NHL pretty easily.

X0ssbar

I liked it actually.

The guy shook things up just like what happens in most drafts. There will definitely be some risers/fallers this year that will surprise even the 'experts' here at HF.

Would I have some players going where he does - absolutely not - but at the same time it was an enjoyable read with some decent reasoning for his selections.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Top Shelf said:
I liked it actually.

The guy shook things up just like what happens in most drafts. There will definitely be some risers/fallers this year that will surprise even the 'experts' here at HF.

Would I have some players going where he does - absolutely not - but at the same time it was an enjoyable read with some decent reasoning for his selections.

What he said.

When will people actually learn that every 1st round has its surprises? It's not like the picks will go down exactly in the same order as major scouting services have them going. Setoguchi going at #8 overall instead of the late teens / early 20's in 2005 is the most recent example of this reality.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Top Shelf said:
I liked it actually.

It was different, and I guess different is always interesting. I could see Mueller dropping a good bit; although maybe not to 12.

Toews at #2 is certainly reasonable, as is Backstom at 5. I wouldn't be surprised if most GM's think Toews has more upside than Backstrom.

Opkoso dropping out of the top 15 just isn't going to happen unless he somehow had a disasterous combine. He is almost a lock for top 7, and is moving up teh charts faster than anyone.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Top Shelf said:
I liked it actually.

Agreed.

Although if Vancouver takes Sheppard over Okposo, I'll blow a gasket.

I don't think they would, though...Sheppard doesn't skate too well, and speed is something Vancouver has been high on, in recent drafts.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
foot size?

Although the read was mostly a waste of time... are Sheppards feet really size 15!?!?

I'm a touch over 6'2 (like him) and my feet are size 11.5-12. The thing is, my feet were that size a few years back when I stood about 5'11. The point of this ramble being I have a hunch that Shep may sprout another 2-3 inches or so in the next few years. Imagine his growth potential being in the 6'4'' 215lbs to 6'5'' 235lbs range. Suddenly he looks like one of the NHLs next dominant big men.

If this is true someone might take him top 10 à la Jeff Carter and hope for similar results.

X0ssbar

JoeIsAStud said:
It was different, and I guess different is always interesting. I could see Mueller dropping a good bit; although maybe not to 12.

Toews at #2 is certainly reasonable, as is Backstom at 5. I wouldn't be surprised if most GM's think Toews has more upside than Backstrom.

Opkoso dropping out of the top 15 just isn't going to happen unless he somehow had a disasterous combine. He is almost a lock for top 7, and is moving up teh charts faster than anyone.

Okposo does seem the be the fastest riser out there. A respected poster on the Bruins board had an interesting comment about Okposo:

i spoke with a coach today that told me point blank - "some teams have okposo as high as 2 on their list. i think he'll go anywhere between three and seven"

Anyhow. After EJ, this crop of 7 to 8 guys really seems to be tightly grouped. The top end of this draft, even more than years past, seems like a real crap shoot to guess the order. It won't surprise me in the least to see some surprises like Okposo going in the top 5 or a Mueller falling out of the top 10. I just see a lot of teams having very different draft boards in regards to the top end of the draft.

Gonna make for an very entertaining draft saturday :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->