cheap hockey skates?

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
going cheap can get you hurt. You want a rigid boot to protect your foot from puck impact. The cheap skates have a very weak boot so better keep your feet out of the puck path. They also require more care for the low grade steel to prevent rusting. In some cases its nearly impossible to prevent, costing you more frequent grinds and if they rust majorly and added fee for a single grind.

Find something middle of the road from a play it again or other consignment shop. You can find a great price on some top of the line models.

Blindsided

Jul 2, 2006
at the rink
im pretty set on switching to ice..whats are some cheap skate models that are decent. im going to some stores around the area on sunday and i just wanted to know any suggestions and things to look for/avoid. thanks in advance.

I use Sher-wood raptors and they only were like $70. They have a hard boot in front for protection and i havent had any problems with them yet, so theyre pretty good for the cost.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
You can easily find a mid level skate for 150-200$ to spend. Just try on several different ones, and pick the one you like.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Well I know you live in RIC, check out Play it Again Sports. As I recall the one in the west end always had some decent used skates.

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
I have a pair of Easton Pro Lites which I love. They were quick to break in, provide good protection and they are fairly light. Weren't that expensive either--$100? Good skate.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Some good deals I seen around: Mission L7, top of the line skate for $200. Mission Fuel 85, Nike Flexlite 9, and NBH Supreme 50 are the same price too. Rbk 7k is around $150, and CCM Tacks 692 are somewhere there too as is the Easton Synergy700. There's a lot of mid-level skates there, try and see what fits, but you do got a lot of selection. Might not find all these at the local shop though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad