TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dumba probably gets you a top 5 pick.
Spurgeon and Nino top 10
Coyle, Zucker, Staal, and Brodin 10-15
Zucker can get a 10-15 pick, Coyle can get a 15-25 pick, but Zucker and Coyle together should be able to get you a top 5 pick or a 10-15 pick + a already drafted and developing player.

We need to keep Dumba

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zucker can get a 10-15 pick, Coyle can get a 15-25 pick, but Zucker and Coyle together should be able to get you a top 5 pick or a 10-15 pick + a already drafted and developing player.

We need to keep Dumba
Still no. Teams picking in the top 5 aren't looking to become a playoff bubble team as fast as possible. They're looking to suffer for a couple of years and find their franchise guys.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Depends on the lottery, doesn't it?
Lottery only decides the top 3 picks. Those would be even harder to pry away from anyone. The only teams that would be eager to trade 1st rounders for our 25ish crowd are teams that are already in the playoffs or on the verge of making them. 12ish and beyond.

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017

We need to keep Dumba
Coyle is not getting you a top 15-25 pick in the draft! Did you not watch the last 30 games he played? Not a chance!

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
Dumba probably gets you a top 5 pick.
Spurgeon and Nino top 10
Coyle, Zucker, Staal, and Brodin 10-15
Nino and Spurgon are getting you a top ten pick in what draft, the USHL draft or the NAHL draft? I had no idea they legalized pot in this state already! Did you watch the last 5 games?

Reactions: 63firebird

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Coyle is not getting you a top 15-25 pick in the draft! Did you not watch the last 30 games he played? Not a chance!
His history says he will. His value isn't based on 30 games alone.

Nino and Spurgon are getting you a top ten pick in what draft, the USHL draft or the NAHL draft? I had no idea they legalized pot in this state already! Did you watch the last 5 games?
Again, their value isn't based on 5 games alone.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
What value? Why would any team be interested in someone that big that plays that small? 3 and 16 just gave it away in the D zone. At least Suter can poke it away with stick checks.

The truth is 3-22-16 weren’t snakebitten. It’s painfully obvious that they have no finish whatsoever. I think 22 could have had 5 more breakaways and still wouldn’t have been able to close the deal.

I do think the constant line flipping didn’t help anything. At some point you’ve got to let them try to work together and learn where the other players will go.

Make Seeler captain.lol. Send Koivu back to Finland for a nice long sauna. He is old, slow and useless. Take Fletcher with you. He can manage some Finn league team.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Again, their value isn't based on 5 games alone.
It's not, but teams are very protective of picks that high. The press talks about moving them every year, and it almost never happens. It'd take some sort of Oceans 11 type move to pull it off...

We trade our 1st + Coyle/Zucker for a pick around #10. Say Edmonton's.
We trade that #10-ish pick + Coyle/Zucker to push into the top 5? Colorado's the only team I can see that isn't going to be clenching that pick with white knuckles because they already pried it from Ottawa and made the playoffs anyway. And that's inter-division, which is a difficulty.

So 1st + Coyle + Zucker for a single pick. I dunno about that one, but I really haven't paid any attention to this draft.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
What value? Why would any team be interested in someone that big that plays that small? 3 and 16 just gave it away in the D zone. At least Suter can poke it away with stick checks.

The truth is 3-22-16 weren’t snakebitten. It’s painfully obvious that they have no finish whatsoever. I think 22 could have had 5 more breakaways and still wouldn’t have been able to close the deal.

I do think the constant line flipping didn’t help anything. At some point you’ve got to let them try to work together and learn where the other players will go.

Make Seeler captain.lol. Send Koivu back to Finland for a nice long sauna. He is old, slow and useless. Take Fletcher with you. He can manage some Finn league team.

Not sure how to even react to the bolded, at least the useless part. He played better than most(all) of our young speedsters on the team in the playoffs. Not that that is saying much but, he is still one of the better defensive forwards in the league. He has his role on this team and he executes it for the most part. This team has 99 problems but a Koivu ain't one.

AS far a Coyle goes. Forgot he was the thread topic. I'm thinking he is going to be at best a #3C/RW. His goal scoring is sliding. Quite frankly has done nothing for a couple of seasons to show he should be getting top6 minutes. At least his contract is priced well enough that he's not some overpriced third liner.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not sure how to even react to the bolded, at least the useless part. He played better than most(all) of our young speedsters on the team in the playoffs. Not that that is saying much but, he is still one of the better defensive forwards in the league. He has his role on this team and he executes it for the most part. This team has 99 problems but a Koivu ain't one.

AS far a Coyle goes. Forgot he was the thread topic. I'm thinking he is going to be at best a #3C/RW. His goal scoring is sliding. Quite frankly has done nothing for a couple of seasons to show he should be getting top6 minutes. At least his contract is priced well enough that he's not some overpriced third liner.

He scored 56 points last year

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Hey guys, coming in on friendly terms here. It seems you guys are in the same boat as we were a couple seasons ago, looking at a potential quick re-tool. What would you guys be looking for in a deal for Coyle to STL? Normally I wouldn’t expect it, but inter division deals are becoming more prevalent.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Hey guys, coming in on friendly terms here. It seems you guys are in the same boat as we were a couple seasons ago, looking at a potential quick re-tool. What would you guys be looking for in a deal for Coyle to STL? Normally I wouldn’t expect it, but inter division deals are becoming more prevalent.

I hope we'd ask for Jordan Kyrou.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Understandable ask. How would you feel about Tage Thompson+WPG 1st?

Personally I hope they'd do that too. We could use the 1st, since we have no second. Don't love his mobility but another right-hander who can shoot is always good.

And I do think Coyle is around a 50-point guy, just needs a change of scene and needs to play higher in the lineup to have success.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Personally I hope they'd do that too. We could use the 1st, since we have no second. Don't love his mobility but another right-hander who can shoot is always good.

And I do think Coyle is around a 50-point guy, just needs a change of scene and needs to play higher in the lineup to have success.

I think it’d be a pretty even deal that benefits both teams. I think Coyle would put up VERY solid numbers next to Schwartz-Schenn next year. Also, is he better at C or RW?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I think it’d be a pretty even deal that benefits both teams. I think Coyle would put up VERY solid numbers next to Schwartz-Schenn next year. Also, is he better at C or RW?

I see him as a winger but he can distribute pretty well. Not sure he's an upgrade on Barbashev.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I don't hate Thompson + 1st for Coyle. I'd like to think that we can make a better move, but if that's the floor I wouldn't be upset.

Edit:
Plan A - Acquire the 2010 draft.
Plan B - Acquire the 2003 draft.
Plan C - Acquire the 2017 USA WJC gold medal team.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's not, but teams are very protective of picks that high. The press talks about moving them every year, and it almost never happens. It'd take some sort of Oceans 11 type move to pull it off...

We trade our 1st + Coyle/Zucker for a pick around #10. Say Edmonton's.
We trade that #10-ish pick + Coyle/Zucker to push into the top 5? Colorado's the only team I can see that isn't going to be clenching that pick with white knuckles because they already pried it from Ottawa and made the playoffs anyway. And that's inter-division, which is a difficulty.

So 1st + Coyle + Zucker for a single pick. I dunno about that one, but I really haven't paid any attention to this draft.

Good trade if it’s Draisaitl?; mediocre trade I’d its Marner; horrible trade if it’s Sam Bennett. Such is life with 3-5 picks.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
He scored 56 points last year

56 pts. last year is nothing?

Fair enough. Definitely not nothing. Although the points don't blow me away when his goal scoring was down from the previous season. I was expecting him to build on that number. I did get pretty myopic on his negatives this season in my post. Coyle is actually a player I do like. He's good player, but I keep expecting a little bit more from him. Maybe unfair on my part, but it's those absolute dominant beast mode shifts he gets. It's like a tease of what he could truly be.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean Koivu only scored 45 points this year. He's averages around 50 points a season. Why does it matter Coyle is hitting 56 or so points? He was injured this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->