Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hudon-Danault-Gallagher line would work fine.

I still would like to see Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher. They may be better than Pacioretty Danault Gallagher.

And I know Lehkonen Danault Byron would be a strong line. Their speed would wreck havoc on the opposition.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice to see Hudon have a somewhat solid rookie season. If he can improve his skating a bit more he will be a solid contributor.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Nice to see Hudon have a somewhat solid rookie season. If he can improve his skating a bit more he will be a solid contributor.

Even if he can't improve his skating, he can still be a 40 point guy. But hopefully as his legs get physically stronger, he'll get a little quicker.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If I'm not mistaken, he started the first half of his first full season with 15 pts in 41 games. Since then he's got 15 pts in 28 games. For me I just have gotten the feeling that at least in the games I saw he was so close to doing more but just came up a little short here and there. Like you could see the skill, smarts and effort but just needed a little more to have several more points. So I don't know if it's the skating, speed, strength or all of the above that need improvement and if so how much would it impact his production. I do think he can be a 40 pt player in the NHL, just hope over the next 2 years or so (since he's 23) he can work on those things by the time he enters his prime.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, he started the first half of his first full season with 15 pts in 41 games. Since then he's got 15 pts in 28 games. For me I just have gotten the feeling that at least in the games I saw he was so close to doing more but just came up a little short here and there. Like you could see the skill, smarts and effort but just needed a little more to have several more points. So I don't know if it's the skating, speed, strength or all of the above that need improvement and if so how much would it impact his production. I do think he can be a 40 pt player in the NHL, just hope over the next 2 years or so (since he's 23) he can work on those things by the time he enters his prime.

He's definitely a guy with 40 points, 20 goal potential

Can't forget how many grade A scoring opportunities he's missed this year too, he has generated more offense than the stats show

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Glad that the team finally gave him a proper chance in the NHL and he has seized it. Not the flashiest of players but works hard and does a lot of things well. I could see him reaching 20 goals in the NHL for sure.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think Hudon can be penciled in as a middle 6 guy going forward. Great skill level and IQ even if his size and speed leaves something to be desired.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I think Hudon can be penciled in as a middle 6 guy going forward. Great skill level and IQ even if his size and speed leaves something to be desired.
Yep. He doesn't need blazing speed, high IQ player like you said and a great release, he'll only get better next year.
Glad that the team finally gave him a proper chance in the NHL and he has seized it. Not the flashiest of players but works hard and does a lot of things well. I could see him reaching 20 goals in the NHL for sure.
For sure. He hasn't used his shot nearly as much this season and was a bit unlucky on the goal scoring side (5.7 so%)

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Yep. He doesn't need blazing speed, high IQ player like you said and a great release, he'll only get better next year.

For sure. He hasn't used his shot nearly as much this season and was a bit unlucky on the goal scoring side (5.7 so%)

I feel like overall he's been very unlucky(linemates that cant finish, Disallowed goal that could/should have been good, a bunch of post), he could easely have 8-10 more points. A very good 1st season considering he didnt have a decent centerman to play with most of the year.

Reactions: schnapshot

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I'm actually OK with how management brought him up. It may have been accidental (mis-assessing that he was better than other players like Flynn and Mitchell), but in the end he's here and he's ready. Other players like Mete and Juulsen are here before they're as far in their development. I think they can handle it, but it wouldn't hurt them to play another year in the AHL. De la Rose would have benefited from playing more minutes in the A the last two yeas, instead of siting in the stands so much.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He's quietly put up a 30 point season. Pretty impressive for a rookie on this no-talent team. I really like how deceptive he can be with the puck. He'll be nice depth in the middle 6 along with guys like Lehkonen and Danault. We just need a first line...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
One of the few prospects I like, so crafty and lot more willing to engage physically that you'd expect someone his size would. He's had so many chances that resulted in no points early in the season. Think he's best hope from the big three (Lehkonen/Scherbak/Hudon) to become a top 6er

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
One of the few prospects I like, so crafty and lot more willing to engage physically that you'd expect someone his size would. He's had so many chances that resulted in no points early in the season. Think he's best hope from the big three (Lehkonen/Scherbak/Hudon) to become a top 6er

I definitely think Scherbak's a top 6 forward. He might even become a 1st line forward. But, he needs to play with offensive players. Hudon can create more playing with grinders than Scherbak can at this stage, imo.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

One of my favourite prospects/young players on the team. Been rooting for the guy for as long as I can remember, nice to see him put up a solid rookie campaign amongst the crap the team has been.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Quebec born winger who wants to play center in Montreal you say??
timthumb.php

Reactions: muzion

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
From what I understood, he said he'd be comfortable playing center not that he wants to play center.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad