Character player in 2006 draft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOHL

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
From the 2006 draft who do you think could be a future captain in the NHL or at least a great leader with lot of intensity and grit ? I mean a player like Mike Richards or Scott Hartnell.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I think Erik johnson is a gonna be a good leader/captain one day and a heck of a player.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
OTT's Jamie McGinn. He's gonna be a hell of a player if he kicks up his development and progresses his offensive game the year after his draft ala a Carter, Staal, Phaneuf. Right now, he's thought of having a grinder future but I think his offense will take a dramatic upcurve. His production isn't too shabby right now anyways with 45 points in 51 games.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Toews all the way. A fantastic leader, on and off the ice, who will raise his play to the next level when the hockey matters most. Won't necessarily be a big point producer (Pierre McGuire's out to lunch with his "Bryan Trottier type" comment), but will be valuable in so many ways.

The greatest compliment I can pay a prospect is to say he's the type who will be the best player on a Stanley Cup champion. The second greatest compliment is to say he's the type who will captain a Cup champion. That's Toews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad