Changes For This Board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeys Future

Administrator
Feb 27, 2002
Gonna make this board invisible on the front page of HFBoards and you will have to access it via direct link. Also was thinking about making the posts in this board not archive for the search engine. Do you guys need to have this board searchable?

Let me know if there are any serious issues with this as I am probably going to implement these changes by the beginning of next week.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey's Future said:
Gonna make this board invisible on the front page of HFBoards and you will have to access it via direct link. Also was thinking about making the posts in this board not archive for the search engine. Do you guys need to have this board searchable?

Let me know if there are any serious issues with this as I am probably going to implement these changes by the beginning of next week.
can i ask why there cant be a link on the main page ?

Hockeys Future

Administrator
Feb 27, 2002
DR said:
can i ask why there cant be a link on the main page ?
As the board and the site has grown and we have become more established in the hockey community I think having a specific fantasy league board on the front page is unnecesary and gives the wrong impression. If there is a valid reason why it should stay on the front page let me know as that is why I posted here first.

The board will continue to be exactly the same just not show up on the front page.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We certainly appreciate all the support Hockey's Future has provided us over the years. The original intention had been to develop a sim lague that tied directly into HF content and scouting on an ongoing basis, providing a test bed for discussion of different approaches to prospect management. For this reason, the league was established with HF support and hosting. While this was a lofty and interesting goal, the administrative challenges associated with it have proven more difficult than anticipated, and after 6 years, it's safe to say they will not be realized.

At this point, although our league does go into considerably more depth and detail than most, there is nothing in particular to distinguish us as unique among fantasy/sim leagues, or as being particularly associated with HF beyond our name.

With that in mind, I think it's fair to say that having a link on the main board, while nice as a means of attracting new participants, is no longer a necessary priority for HF, nor can we possibly begrudge them the decision to remove the link after 6 years of support. Indeed, we should - and are - still very much appreciate the support HF provides for us through the hfnhl.com domain.

So noone need look on this as the end of our relationship with HF, but instead a necessary revisiting of that relationship after 6 long years. And there's nothing to say that we can't and won't be able to post on the existing Fantasy board if we want to attract more attention from regulars of the main Boards.

My $0.02 :)

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey's Future said:
As the board and the site has grown and we have become more established in the hockey community I think having a specific fantasy league board on the front page is unnecesary and gives the wrong impression. If there is a valid reason why it should stay on the front page let me know as that is why I posted here first.

The board will continue to be exactly the same just not show up on the front page.
no problem, i was wondering and as doug said, thanks for the support. although the one problem that does occur is when people are on computers that dont have the link saved, it will be very hard to find the message board.

like when travelling or at an internet cafe type thing. can you make a suggestion on how we can find the link remotely ? can we maybe make a sticky in the fantasy hockey forum with the link ?

dr

Last edited:

Hockeys Future

Administrator
Feb 27, 2002
DR said:
no problem, i was wondering and as doug said, thanks for the support. although the one problem that does occur is when people are on computers that dont have the link saved, it will be very hard to find the message board.

like when travelling or at an internet cafe type thing. can you make a suggestion on how we can find the link remotely ? can we maybe make a sticky in the fantasy hockey forum with the link ?

dr
I can tell you how to setup a link to this board that will show up whenever you login to your HFBoards account.

User CP --> Edit Options --> Miscellaneous Options --> My Links
Put this code in the box:
PHP:
[url=http://www.hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64]HFNHL Talk[/url]

Voila! You will now have a My Links dropdown menu in the navbar next to Become a Sponsor with a link to this board.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
one last piece of info I need is who is on the admin team now and what are the titles: I know Matt's the Commish and Drew is assistant but after that it becomes a little foggy. I also need the email addresses for them. Thanks.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
The only reason for leaving the link would be to leave that avenue open for potential new participants to find out about the league. A lot of current GMs found the league through that link. Other than that, I would imagine that it doesnt get much use anyway.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Hockey's Future said:

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the HFNHL board will be removed from the front page, but the Fantasy Talk board will remain, right?

So long as there's a fantasy forum, we'll have a recruiting ground. Conversely, to remove all fantasy forums from HFBoards would be a mistake, IMO.

HFNHL Red Wings

Dryden said:
one last piece of info I need is who is on the admin team now and what are the titles: I know Matt's the Commish and Drew is assistant but after that it becomes a little foggy. I also need the email addresses for them. Thanks.

I'm the assitsant?! News to me.
Since giving up the Sim manager role I have no title or particular role.
I'm sure many of the other Admin team members have many "names" for me but I'm nothing but an annoying know it all that sticks his head in on everything :D

Hockeys Future

Administrator
Feb 27, 2002
HFNHL Commish said:
Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the HFNHL board will be removed from the front page, but the Fantasy Talk board will remain, right?
You are correct sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad