Chances of 05-06 Season Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dude

Tell us your chances of the 05-06 season happening, and why you think that. Also, assume there will be no scabs for the purposes of this thread.

I give it a 1/20 chance of happening. The only way its gonna happen, is if the players cave hard, really hard, because the offer on the owners side is just gonna get worse.

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
I cant envision the NHL could possibly ever operate again if there was no 05/06 season

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
I say 100%. Not sure if it will be a full or partial season. Many players will break ranks when the lost income starts to hit home. I'm not talking about becoming scabs, I'm talking about new union leadership.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Starting on time? I'd give it a 20% chance, mostly because of some pressure that sponsers are putting on the league, which effects BOTH sides. ESPN and others pull out and the players know that effects how much they will eventually get. As to the season next year, I see no way the players remain united to lose an entire second year. That is half of most of their careers. I think by October we have a deal one way or another. It is analogous to you being held hostage by someone who has half of your money and a bomb strapped around his chest. If you beleive that he is perfectly willing to take you down along with himself, you at some point, unless you have lost all reason, will give in. The owners have proven willing to sit this out as long as it takes. The only real question is how long it will take for the players to realize this. I am betting by mid-October for sure.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
100% Chance.

You guys have to be nuts to think that the NHLPA will go another season saying "no" to deals. This is the same union that preached the cap for over a year and has finally moved off of it. They're weakening.

Mountain Dude

futurcorerock said:
You'd be surprised.... you really would.

You saw the union crack on cap/no cap

Philosophy > Money

Well, I hope to god you're right, I really do.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Mountain Dude said:
Tell us your chances of the 05-06 season happening, and why you think that. Also, assume there will be no scabs for the purposes of this thread.

I give it a 1/20 chance of happening. The only way its gonna happen, is if the players cave hard, really hard, because the offer on the owners side is just gonna get worse.
with replacement players - 100 percent - how long it will last is up in the air

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

0%

GTA3:SA should last me for a couple months.

Then, Bring on Gran Turismo 4 :D

NHL ? What NHL ?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
ScottyBowman said:
I also expect Jan 2006. No way will they have the league going in the fall.

Goodenow's exit strategy is waiting until 1/2006 to see if the owners collapse.Hope Mike Modano likes Russia next fall if he wants to make money :madfire:

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
Goodenow's exit strategy is waiting until 1/2006 to see if the owners collapse.Hope Mike Modano likes Russia next fall if he wants to make money :madfire:

I read that one Russian team has a payroll of $60 mil. The one that Jagr and Heatley are on. Yes $60 mil!! Madness. I'm sure he'll take $5 mil tax free.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
ScottyBowman said:
I read that one Russian team has a payroll of $60 mil. The one that Jagr and Heatley are on. Yes $60 mil!! Madness. I'm sure he'll take $5 mil tax free.

That's one team. Unless they can suddenly accomdate a roster of 700 players, that's not going to be of much help.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
And even if Kazan wins the title...will the owners do it again? Wasnt the objective to get the title for the cities anniversary, one shot thats all?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Chance of '05-'06 season = Chance of NHL existing, period.

They can't dick around for a second straight year or it's all over. Like others said I don't know in what form or whether it will be on time, but if you thought losing one season is suicide, two is an out and out disaster for everyone, and as stupid as everyone has been so far, eventually they're gonna want to make some money and compete instead of acting tough in a boardroom all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad